two

☄. *. ⋆ I DONT WANT TO LOOK AT ANYTHING ELSE NOW THAT I SAW YOU
taylor swift

BEING ON the ice was a silencer for Stella Jean, every single problem in her life drowning out by the rhythm of her skates.

She flowed freely in the practice attire, every motion was swift, perfectly timed, and sharp. She focused on her feet, carefully sticking to her side of the ice as she could hear the chatter of hockey boys behind her.

Trevor had been bickering with Matt Boldly over positions, his need to be right drove him over the line, skating onto the opposing side of the ice.

Stella was barely on her feet after landing her lutz, her back coming crashing into a broader body, a groan leaving her lips as she hit the ice with such force, silence filled the rink.

"SJ!" She knew it was Trevor immediately. He bent to his knees, the panic in his voice making her whimper as he attempted to help her up.

"Easy." Another voice made her head spin, their fingertips on her shoulders as he held her up. "Can you see straight."

Stella was shaken up, nodding as she blinked, her vision slowly beginning to become clear once again. "You're an idiot, Trev."

"I am so sorry." Trevor apologized, shaking his head. "I promise I'll let buy you a life time supply of Ben and Jerry's ice cream."

Stella chuckled, smiling softly. "Deal."

"Fuck, SJ." Trevor's face twisted, his thumb pressing to her temple as she whimpered loudly. "You're bleeding."

"I'll get her to the medic office." The brunette helped her to her feet, holding her waist tightly as he began to skate off ice with her. "Watch your step."

Stella hummed, her baby blue eyes staring at his side profile. Jack Hughes was unreal, the pout on his lips made her yearn.

He helped her onto the small stool as he stared around the office, grabbing the disinfectants as he stood between her legs.

His hands came to hold her chin, delicately. He held her like she was fragile, his brows knitting as his expression was tight with concentration.

Stella hissed at the harsh tingling, hearing Jack mutter an apology with a short chuckle. "You have such pretty eyes."

Jack's vision flicked to meet hers, the corners of his lips lifting. "Thank you, Stella."

Stella had barely been in touch with her surroundings as her cheeks flushed red with embarrassment. "Fuck, did I actually just say that?"

"You did." Jack laughed, the smell of mint invading her nose. "It was sweet. Don't worry, Stella, I'm flattered."

He placed the butterfly stitches right on her wound, carefully dragging his thumb along the bandage.

"Thank you." Stella brought her hand up, being stopped as Jack grabbed her wrist, directing her hand down, his fingers still holding her.

"Don't touch it." Jack nodded, dropping her wrist. "Just take an Advil for any headaches."

Stella nodded with a hum. "How do you know all this about the procedures?"

"Well, I have two brothers." Jack chuckled. "And I grew up in a very competitive household. Injuries were an every day thing."

"Ah." Stella pursued her lips. "I can't relate. I'm an only child..."

Jack raised his brows. "That's cool." He paused, swallowing. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure." Stella nodded, both invested and nervous as she bit her bottom lip slightly.

"Is Trevor, like, your boyfriend or something?" Jack asked, shifting on his heels slightly. "I don't mean to pry or anything."

Stella stifled a laugh, quickly shaking her head. "Never. He's been my best friend since we were born."

"Good." Jack said straight-forward. "I mean, like, yeah. He just seems like a flirt was all I was trying to say."

"He is." Stella flashed him a grin, ignoring the way her heart sputtered from his struggle. "He's always been a ladies man."

Jack beamed at the girl, her head cocked up slightly to stare at him. He placed his thumb just below the bandage, watching her jolt slightly from the tenderness of her skin. "Sorry."

"It's okay." Stella practically whispered, their approximately making her shake.

"Hey!" Trevor's voices echoed, causing Jack to back up, coming to stand beside the dirty blonde now. "Are you okay?"

Stella nodded with her lips in a flat line. "Perfect."

Trevor tilted his head to the side, staring sharply at the white bandage across her wound. "I got you good, eh?"

"Suck it, Trev." Stella mocked, swatting his hand away as he attempted to coddle her. "You better not be kidding about the free Ben and Jerry's either."

"I'll grab you some after practice." Trevor nodded, placing his pointer finger on the tip of her nose. "Thanks Jack."

Jack hummed, patting Stella's shoulder softly. "Anytime. We'll check on that within the next few days."

The door shut softly with a click, leaving Trevor and Stella alone. Trevor cocked a brow at her. "Okay, what was that?"

"What?" Stella stifled a laugh, her feet swinging back and forth. "What are talking about?"

"You're totally swooning over Jack!" Trevor teased, sticking his tongue out. "I mean, he is too. Suddenly, he cares more about fixing you up than hockey."

Stella could feel her head pounding, more from the voice of the boy before her as she groaned. "Shut up. He was just being nice."

"Yeah, maybe." Trevor shrugged, pursuing his lips. "I could totally be your wingman, you know?"

"Pass." Stella twisted her face with a quick shake of her head. "I think you might be the worst wing man humanly possible."

Trevor parted his lips, clearly offended. "That is totally not true, SJ. Fine, we'll see then."

lowk giving that scene from icebreaker 🤭
500 reads already...i just love you