thirteen

☄. *. ⋆ I ONCE BELIEVED LOVE WOULD BE BURNING RED BUT ITS GOLDEN
taylor swift

THE HOME opener for the USA program was a hit, accordingly, it was every year. The stands were packed with all different ages, parents, grandparents, anyone.

Stella sat in the third row with Georgia and Addy, their conversation about Green Bay's roster had gone in one ear and out the other.

She adorned his jersey, the feeling of wearing it was unexplainable. So much so, she even wore her hair in a slicked back ponytail, call her a show off.

"So, what are you guys?" Addy asked Stella once they had gotten settled back in after the anthem. She shrugged. "C'mon, Stells. Give us something."

"I don't know." Stella said truthfully. She didn't know where she and Jack stood. Frankly, she didn't even think she'd told him she felt, even if it was obvious enough. "I like what we have. It's simple."

Jack skated to the middle for puck drop, looking at his opponent with a sly smirk on his lips. The second the puck it the ice, Jack was hitting it back to his teammate.

Trevor had gotten the puck, skating around to the net as he stick-handled, eyes darting all over the ice until he reached Cam York.

Cam shot, the sound of the puck hitting the crossbar and bouncing to the right had everyone sighing at the missed shot. Until, Jack wrapped around, able to lodge the puck behind the goalie, earning a loud buzzing sound as everyone erupted in cheers.

Stella screamed, clapping her hands before sitting back down. Despite, wanting to cock her head back at the sound of Jack's name being called by a group of girls.

By the end of first, they had a lead of two. Stella wore a confident smile, among the home team. The team was soon back on the ice, going back to the positions for the second period.

Cole had taken the drop, fumbling as the left wing from the Gamblers had taken it, Matt worked quickly to find him, attempting to poke at the puck.

His defensive skills worked out to play, his bright eyes scanned the ice, seeing Jack who banged his stick, practically urging for the puck. Boldy instead, took the puck around a defender going for the slap shot. It went in, Jack tightened his jaw, shooting him a closed-lip smile.

You could cut the tension with a knife between the two of them. Jack shook his head, constantly eyeing Boldy throughout the next period.

When the game had finally ended, it was their first shutout of the season, sending their fans home with large grins while the other team mourned on the trip back to the bus.

"Let's go." Georgia urged, tugging at Stella's sleeve as she forced the girl up, taking her by her hand. "You're probably the first person he wants to see."

Stella had hoped she was right as they made their way down to the locker rooms, standing a few feet away.

"Oh, ladies." Trevor's voices echoed, shaking his head. "Waiting for me?"

"No." Georgia replied quickly, making Addy frown. "Where's your short brunette friend?"

Trevor cocked a brow, his arm slinging over Addison. "Huh? Wait, you're moving onto Cole? What about Alex?"

"Alex has a roster." Georgia shrugged, acting innocent as if she didn't either. "Plus, Cole is adorable."

"I can't keep up." Trevor sighed, chuckling. "I'll tell
Cole to come out too. Stella, you coming?"

Stella hummed with a shrug. "If Jack goes."

"Then, we'll see you there." Trevor nodded, dragging the two girls out of the arena, leaving Stella in the dimly lit hallway.

The door squeaked open, a smile playing on her lips as she had expected to see the brunette turn the corner, it was in fact not the brunette.

Instead, Matt Boldy blinked as he laid eyes on her. His gaze drifting to the jersey she wore as he visibly rolled his eyes. "Hey."

"Hi, Matt." Stella greeted, shifting on her feet awkwardly. "Uh, nice job out there."

"Thanks." Matt nodded. "I had fun at the party the other night."

The party flashed through Stella's mind, the harsh reminders of her drunken state only made her chuckle, forcefully. "Me too."

"Look, Stella, I...." Matt began, the nervous looks settling on his features made her stomach turn.

He was cut off by Jack's frame coming between them, the blue-eyed boy grabbed Stella's face gently as he smashed his lips onto hers. She nearly tumbled back from the force of the kiss, causing her clutch on his arms for balance.

"Hi, SJ." Jack pulled back with a grin, turning his head to look at Matt. "Oh, hey, Bolds."

Matt tightened his jaw as the boy spoke to him. "Never mind. Good-night."

Stella watched him walk out with a huff. She was torn whether to feel guilt or be unbothered by his presence disappearing.

"Was he bugging you?" Jack asked, scanning her face.

She shook her head. "No. He only just got out here, making friendly conversation."

Jack nodded, believing her, despite fighting the urge to rip him back by his sweatshirt and claim her as off-the-market, he had thought kissing her made it pretty damn clear.

"So, now what?" Stella asked, taking him out of his daze. By now, the locker room was completely empty, even parents and friends leaving the rink.

"What do you want to do?" Jack cocked a brow, glancing over his shoulder. "A few of us are going to get food at the restaurant across the street. Do you wanna go?"

Stella nodded with a small smile. "Works for me."

marking his territory ass bitch