twenty nine

☄. *. ⋆ ARE WE FALLING LIKE SNOW ON THE BEACH
WEIRD BUT FUCKING BEAUTIFUL
taylor swift

STELLA

"JACK!" I yelped as my feet were suddenly off the ground, my body being thrown over his shoulder like I was the weight of a feather. "Stop!"

It was the first snowfall in Plymouth, most of the kids our age had been snowboarding and sledging down makeshift hills. But here we were, just past eight o'clock after a movie marathon, jumping around in snow like idiots.

Once I was back on my feet, I shoved at his chest, hard enough to make him descend backwards. I covered my mouth with my gloved hands as his back met the thick snow.

"Oh, SJ." Jack whistled, shaking his head as snowflake covered his entire backside. "You're so dead."

My boots were thick as I tried to make my great escape, knowing I had no where to run. He was faster than me as he took us both to the ground in an instant.

I shrugged out of his tight grip, flipping around to face him as I laid on his body, his head lifting to meet my gaze.

"Really?" I rolled my eyes. "Now I'm covered in snow."

"Karma." Jack taunted, his cheeks a slight red.

I lifted my head up fully, my eyes catching glimpse of the small pond that was completely frozen over. The idea sparked in my head as I nudged Jack.

"Where are your skates?" I blurted, watching his face twist with confusion. "Hello?"

"Uh, in my car." Jack blinked, shaking his head. "Why?"

I shuffled off of him, pulling him up as I dragged him bag to his truck, ushering him to pop his trunk open. He complied, laying a thousand questions on me as I worked quickly to unzip my bag.

"Just get your damn skates, Rowdy." I huffed, climbing into his trunk as I swapped out my boots for skates, making sure my protective shield had been on.

Jack didn't bother to ask any more questions as he mirrored my actions, the button echoing as his trunk shut.

"You wanna live a little?" I asked, jetting my hand out.

Jack glanced down at my hand, then back up to my light eyes. "I'm living everyday when I'm with you, Stella. But, yes."

I chuckled, the two of us struggling in the depths of the snow and considering we didn't have the right foot gear on for walking through inches of snow.

Jack froze as we stopped at the pond I had spotted just minutes ago, putting two and two together in his head.

"Wait, Stell." He grabbed my forearm. "What if it cracks and breaks?"

I leaned up to peck the corner of his mouth. "It doesn't go past your knees, Jack. You'll live if it does. Now, hurry up before it melts."

Jack didn't argue as we began to steady ourselves, slipping off our protectors as we met the thing we'd been most comfortable with, the ice.

It was rink ice, it was pure. I could feel every movement I made, the thin blade slicing into the layer of ice.

Jack worked quickly around me, his hockey brain suddenly snapping on as he skated.

"Slow down, Rowdy." I groaned with a chuckle, finding it hard to keep up as he circled around me like I was a defender.

Jack spun me around, facing me as he took my hands in his, despite there being layers between our fingers, I felt the warmness of his skin burning into mine.

We skated together in silence, staring at one another and it was the most intimate moment in all of my seventeen years of living.

"You cold?" He broke the silence and I could see the smoke leaving his mouth, just showing how cold it had been growing.

"Maybe." I shrugged, moving closer in search for body heat. "You seem like you're freezing."

Jack leaned in, our noses touching and I nearly jumped back from the icy shock. We both laughed.

"Can I teach you how to play hockey?" Jack asked suddenly, catching me by surprise. "You see me play all the time and plus you're a great skater."

I clicked my tongue before nodding my head. "Fine, deal. But, I get to teach you how to figure skate."

Jack blinked, peeling his eyes open slowly. "Deal, SJ."

I kissed his lips softly, feeling them move against my own. In this moment, it felt like we were the only
two people existing. No one around us, the stars bright, and so quiet that you could hear a pin drop. If I had the choice, I'd relive this a hundred times.

His hand pressed against my back, pulling me closer
as he slid his glove off, his other hand resting on my cheek.

I grasped his wrist, fluttering my eyes at the change of temperature. "You're freezing."

"So are you." Jack chuckled, pressing his knuckles against my cheek bone as it dragged them below my jaw.

"Can we go back home, now?" I could feel my toes beginning to grow numb. "Please."

Jack moved us back to the edge of the pond, the snowflakes covering it. "Yes. We can, SJ."

short filler chapter :)
i love them.