eighteen

☄. *. ⋆ WHEN YOURE OUT OF SIGHT IN MY MIND
'CAUSE SOMETIMES I LOOK IN HER EYES, AND THATS WHERE I FIND A GLIMPSE OF US.
joji

JACK

I FELT like a complete moron. From watching her disappear off with my teammate, only to come back giggling and holding his hand, I couldn't digest it.

"You alright man?" Cole's hand tugging my shoulder had me snapping out of my thoughts completely, reminding me I had been staring down at my skates on the corner of the rink like a psychopath.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I attempted to play it off, ignoring his wearily look as I skated past him.

I needed to shake this off and focus. The draft was still months away but that didn't mean eyes weren't lingering on me. I felt the pressure even I wouldn't admit it.

My right shoulder plowed into a broader body as I stumbled slightly from my own actions. I turned my head, preparing to apologize but I stopped.

"No apology?" Matt's smug grin made me want to slap it off of him.

I rolled my eyes, laughing at him as I took my gloves off and directing them onto the bench. Smug piece of shit he was.

I've never rushed quickly to get to the locker room, stripping from my gear as the voices around me blurred. I wore the C for months now and I felt anything else but a leader and I refused to let it impact my skills on the ice.

If this meant pushing any memory of Stella from my mind, I'd be determined to become a master at it.

Chelsea had been waiting for me in the parking lot, her wavy locks down her back as she grinned the second I slid into her passenger seat.

"Hi." She leaned forward to kiss my cheek as I nodded in greeting. "Hey, are you okay?"

Had I been that transparent? I forced a smile as I furrowed my brows, placing a palm over her hand and the deja vu shocked me through my bones.

"I didn't take you for a country boy." Stella scrunched her nose, tapping her fingers along my center console as Dierks Bentley had been playing on full blast.

I chuckled, glancing over at her in the passenger seat, smiling widely at me. I covered her hand with mine, feeling her warmness spread to the chill in me.

"Hello?" Chelsea snapped a finger in front of my face with a shake of her head. "What's going on with you? You've been acting weird since Coles."

"Nothings wrong." I rubbed my eyes, blinking away the memory. "I've just got a lot on my mind with hockey stuff. I'm fine, seriously."

I could tell that she didn't believe me from her lack of response. She simply hummed and kept driving as I scooted down in the crème colored leather.

How could she? I was between the feelings of anger and betrayal. In her defense, bringing Chelsea had been a dick move, for both parties. I wanted to make her jealous, stupid Jack. Talk about digging yourself in a hole. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to climb out of this one.

But going off with Matt was a low blow. Out of all of them...she could've made out with Cole for all I care. Well, I do care but still.

The prideful smile that held his lips all practice was a reason I couldn't focus on my game. Another reason, Stella hadn't come to practice.

I found myself wanting to shoot her a text, checking in, but this was no one else's fault but mine.

I glanced back towards Chelsea as she drove, my eyes lingering on her side profile momentarily before I glanced down at my lap, pulling out my phone.

JACK
you're good friends with stella, yeah?

TREV
i do say so.
why? what are you concocting now?

JACK
not concocting shit.
what do you know about her and bolds?

TREV
not much. all i know is they kissed on the beach at coleys.
she's still hurt over you though

JACK
i know dude
there's not much i can do about either
especially now if she's being claimed by bolds

TREV
technically your girl first 🤓

JACK
shut up you asshole

TREV
sorry honey.
i'll talk to stella
ok?

JACK
thank you ❤️

TREV
😍😍😚😚😚

jack and trevor are actually in love and no one can tell me otherwise.