eleven

☄. *. ⋆ ALL THESE PEOPLE THINK LOVES FOR SHOW
BUT I WOULD DIE FOR YOU IN SECRET
taylor swift

THE SUN beamed through the curtains, warming the right side of her face, the brightness making her squeeze her eyes shut.

She let out a soft groan, holding her fingers to her temple as she could feel it beat harshly. Hangovers; not for the weak. She remembered everything when she was drunk, going even as far as saying she had better memory under the influence rather than when stone cold sober.

She peeled her eyes open, forcefully. Stella could see the dip in her bed, the scent of pine and mint still evident, or maybe she was still dreaming.

She mentally punched drunk Stella. Why would I ask him to stay? She thought. Now, she was going to think about last night until I saw him again. Which, it is extremely hard to avoid someone when you practice at the same rink. At least it was off day.

Her phone buzzed on my dresser as she scooted up to the headboard, reaching for it.

jack : Sleep well?

stella : Aside from this pounding headache, amazing. Sorry I asked you to stay last night.

jack : Don't apologize. I'm sorry I snuck out, didn't wanna wake you.

stella : Thanks, Rowdy. See you tomorrow?

jack : Bright and early 🙂

She couldn't help but grin as she stared at the message. She felt like she was in a chokehold and every moment Stella spent with him, it only got tighter.

By the time noon hit, Addy and Georgia insisted on coming over, despite her trying to use the hangover excuse.

They let themselves in, peering over at the blonde as she sat on the couch, legs kicked up on the ottoman. "Nice knocking, ladies."

"Shut up." Georgia rolled her eyes, planting herself besides her, Addy scooting her feet off the ottoman as she sat before her.

"Get to blabbing." Addy was eager, tapping her fingertips along her sweatpants.

"Me?" Stella gave her a once-over. "If anyone should be blabbing, it's you. I know what I saw last night, Addy."

She flushed a light shade of pink, chewing her bottom lip. "All we did was make out. A really, really, heated make out sesh."

"I cannot believe you're hooking it with Zegras." Georgia teased, a cackle leaving her lips. "Comical."

"Seriously, Georgia?" Addy cocked a brow, narrowing her eyes. "You were eye fucking Alex the whole night! We all saw it."

Stella my eyes between the two. Fuck me for leaving early. She thought.

"Okay?" Georgia trailed off. "Don't blame a girl for thinking he's hot. Uh, he's a hockey player, a damn near good one, and he makes banging margaritas. Plus, he totally hooked up with this other chick. Maybe I'll move on to Coley."

"Whatever, Georgie." Addy mocked, watching the dark-haired girls eyes widen, seething with anger.

"I hate you and your boyfriend." Georgia spat. "Now, Stella, back to the real reason we're here. You wanna tell us what happened?"

She shrugged, pushing out her bottom lip. "Really not much. He drove me home, stayed with me till I fell asleep, and then left. Sorry, not super exciting."

"Uh..." Addy blinked. "Wait, so, you guys didn't do anything?"

"No." She laughed. "I was pretty tipsy. Actually, he didn't even kiss me. I had to change in front of him and in fact, he didn't look anywhere else other than my face."

"I think I'm in love." Georgia blurted, making both Stella's-and Addy's heads snap towards her. "What? I'm just saying what we're all thinking."

Addy groaned, shaking her head. "It's the bare minimum. But, Georgia's right, I would be in love. He left the party early for you! And according to Alex, Jack  was supposed to sleep there."

"Yep. He texted me this morning, Jack never came back, went home and crashed." Georgia added.

Stella was a certified over thinker. And the two girls in her living room, were only making this ten times worse. "Sure, we've kissed and stuff but that doesn't mean we have a label. Or...feelings."

Addy practically laughed in the girls face. "Bitch, shut up. You're head over heels for that man, he is, too. I mean, did you see the way he scowled at Boldy when you two were chatting?"

"I hadn't noticed." She said truthfully, her chest panging for the blond boy that got dismissed anytime he was near me.

Georgia shrugged, seemingly unfazed. "I heard him tell Cole, in quotes, "He chases after everything I have. First hockey, now the girl I'm into." Sounds like they have some issues."

Stella knitted her brows together. She never pictured Boldy and Jack having any sort of issues. Jack was outgoing and turned any dull moment into the complete opposite. Boldy was quiet and seemed like he couldn't hurt a fly if his life depended on it.

"I don't know." She swallowed. "I can't see them having problems."

"Don't shoot the messenger." Georgia held her hands up with tight lips. "Jack doesn't get worked up when you talk to any of the other guy. Just saying."

"What am I supposed to do?" Stella asked, biting her bottom lip in thought. "Avoid Boldy?"

Addy rested her chin on the tops of her knees. "Talk to Jack about it. I mean, some shit had to go down, right? I'm sure he'll tell you."

"You're right." She nodded. She wasn't in the place to pry into Jack's business, she knew that. But she was curious, and curiosity has always gotten the better of Stella. "Don't worry, Ads, I'll report back."

"You know I live for gossip." Addy clicked her tongue.

...