four

☄. *. ⋆  SOMETIMES I WONDER ; WHEN YOU SLEEP
ARE YOU EVER DREAMING OF ME?
taylor swift

STELLA JEAN watched the clock hit midnight, her jeans swapped out for shorts and a sweatshirt as she watched the large movie screen in the Zegras basement.

It had been normal for Stella to spend the night, her flights to New York to visit, always turned into slumber parties, even if Trevor hated when she worded it that way.

Her eyes scanned the room, brows furrowing as Jack's corner of the couch was empty, blankets wrinkled. She stood, tiptoeing up the stairs in search for the brunette.

Jacks back faced her as he scanned the fridge, Stella walked cautiously towards him in order to not startle him. "Hey."

Jack jumped slightly, playing it off. "Oh, hey."

"What are you looking for?" Stella asked, attempting to make conversation as her eyes flicked from him to the open fridge.

"Just water." Jack nodded, suddenly more focused on her than the beverage. "Do you know where they are?"

Stella hummed with a nod, coming to stand in front of him. She huffed slightly as she stared at the jug of water, just out of her reach.

"Here." Jack placed one hand on her lower back, his backside pressing against her as he grabbed the jug. Her head cocked back slightly, meeting his gaze.

He stepped back, closing the two doors as he grabbed two solo cups. "Want some?"

"Yeah, yeah, please." Stella flushed, the approximately of him making her shake, his handprint practically burned into her skin.

He poured her a cup, handing it to her as he leaned against the counters. "I knew where the water was."

Stella nearly choked, wiping her mouth as she placed the cup down. "What?"

"I mean, it's right there." Jack chuckled, taking it as he placed it back into the fridge. "I just had to think of something."

"Why?" Stella tucked her hair behind her ears.

Jack stepped closer, a gap still between them as he towered over her. "I wanted company."

"Right." Stella nodded with furrowed brows, staring at their feet. "Did you...did you mean what you said about me being your type?"

"I never lie, Stella." Jack tilted his head to the side, his pupils dilating as he stared at her. "I meant it, I really did."

Stella could feel her throat go dry as she parted her lips, licking them. "Okay."

"Do you wanna hang out sometime?" Jack asked, watching her face twist.

"Like, just us?" Stella could feel her heart thumping.

"Just us." Jack confirmed with a small nod, his bright eyes dropping down to her lips, her bottom one pulled up between her teeth.

Stella felt weak, her palms sweaty as she nodded. "Yes, sure. That would be cool."

"Okay." Jack flashed his teeth at her. "You could come to my house. Is that cool?"

"Yes." She answered immediately, internally scolding herself for her desperateness. "Uh, yeah, that's cool."

"Jack?" A voice had their heads snapping towards the hallway, Trevor rubbing his eyes as he approached the two. "SJ?"

Stella cleared her throat, tucking her hair behind her ears as she hoped it seemed as innocent as it truly was. "Hey, Z."

"What are you guys doing?" Trevor's face twisted with confusion.

"I was just thirsty." Jack nodded, gesturing towards the cups beside them.

"Right." Trevor eyed the two. "I didn't know that was a two person job."

Stella pinched the bridge of her nose, shooting him a harsh glare. "Just shut up, Trevor. Stop talking."

Trevor had his hands up in a defensive manner, backing away slowly. "Just keep it in your pants, Rowdy."

Jack shook his head, his lips rolling into his mouth.

"Rowdy?" Stella chuckled, waiting until Trevor had descended back down the steps before she sparked up a conversation.

"It's based off Rowden." Jack summarized. "It's my middle name and now they've just shortened it."

"Oh, that's cute." Stella tilted her head to the side. "It just rolls right off the tongue you know?"

Jack hummed with raised brows, poking his cheek with his tongue. "You've got a nickname yourself, SJ."

"I do." Stella nodded, proudly. "You're smart enough to figure out what it stands for, right?"

"Jeez, I'd hope." Jack scoffed with a headshake. "Stella Jean. I'm not that stupid."

"Maybe it's just a hockey stereotype." Stella shrugged. "But, yes, that's correct."

Jacks nosed wrinkled as he eyed her. "What's a stereotype?"

"That all hockey players are dumb." Stella retorted, her fingers tapping on the counter behind her. "Like, in the sense of, only hockey is what their brain functions with."

"Ah." Jack clicked his tongue with a laugh. "It's all hockey with the exception of you."

Stella felt her stomach bubble at his words, her eyes softening along with her features as she couldn't tear her eyes from him. "You're such a flirt."

Jack tipped his chin. "Only for you."

Stella leaned forward, pressing a kiss to his cheek, feeling the warmth beneath her lips before pulling away. "Goodnight, Rowdy."

his ntdp era was GODLY
1k AHH 🩵