ten

☄. *. ⋆ ILL WATCH YOU SLEEP
AND LISTEN TO YOU BREATHE
I DONT EVER WANNA LEAVE
girl in red

JACK'S CAR rolled to a stop at Stella's home, her driveway abandoned, causing the boy to furrow his brows. "Where is everyone?"

"Away for the weekend." Stella mumbled, her temple resting on the side of his car, her drunken state was far from enjoyable.

Jack shut his car off, taking the key out of the ignition before climbing out himself, making his way over to her side, she jumped as the cold Plymouth air hit her bare arms.

"Come on, SJ." Jack unbuckled her belt, helping her out as he kicked the door shut, keeping an arm around her to keep her stable.

She lazily typed in the passcode to her house, despite three failed attempts, the two got in, Stella kicking her shoes off in the mud room. "I want my bed."

"We're getting there." Jack chuckled, helping her up the stairs, slowly. She opened the door to her bedroom, practically falling onto her duvet as she hummed. "You wanna sleep in that?"

She lifted her head up. "No."

Jack walked over to her, scanning her attire. "Can I help you change? If you don't need help thats alright, too."

"Yes." Stella nodded, licking her lips, unbuttoning her jeans as Jack helped slid them off, keeping his eyes locked on her face.

Once her top was off and a new one was on, she groaned as she lazily put on a pair of pajama shorts, moving up to her pillow.

Stella grabbed a damp makeup wipe from the package beside her bed, scrubbing hard as she couldn't feel anything. Her skin felt numb, even banging up her hand as she tossed the wipe in the trash.

Jack stood at the edge of the bed, watching her carefully. "All good?"

"Mhm." Stella hummed, slinging a leg over her covers as she shut her eyes. "Are you leaving?"

"Yes." Jack nodded, he didn't want too.

"Stay?" Stella asked. "Will you stay until I fall asleep?"

A smile appeared on his lips, a shy nod as he dropped his keys, sliding out of his sneakers to crawl onto her sheets, immediately feeling her snuggle into him.

The warmth of her body pressing into him had him shivering, in minutes, her eyes fluttered shut, her body growing heavy as she began to fall into a deep sleep.

She was asleep, but he didn't dare to move. He didn't want to wake her, he told himself, but he was lying if he said that was the real reason.

Her hair was draped over her face, her two hands folded together on her pillow, pressing into her right cheek.

He tugged the covers up, making sure that the entirety of her body was covered. His hand shook slightly as it hesitated, resting it just above her head. He moved the loose strands from her face, gentle with his actions as he was afraid to stir her.

A slow hum left her lips, making him freeze. He waited for a few seconds to move his hand back to her hair, feeling it smooth between his fingers.

Jack Hughes couldn't rely the feelings she was giving him. The way his heart would race when she smiled, the way his mind had her laugh on reply like a CD, or the way he began to grow worried at these feelings.

Hockey. The six letter word was practically his middle name. The best in the program, headed straight for the league, college was barely in the picture. The longer he stared at her, the more he grew angry with himself.

Despite seeing every single day, he missed her when they were apart. It was something he couldn't admit now, but down the road, when things were different.

Stella was gentle-gentle in a way he couldn't understand. She wasn't just a girl that clung to his side, she gave him space, she was always lingering.

Of course, he liked her. For God sake, the second he kissed her, he knew he was a goner. He knew that other guys would chase after her, anyone would be lucky just to know her, and it made his fists clench at the thought.

But he wasn't so innocent either in the girl department. His phone, social media apps, girls upon girls would reach out to him on any platform, desperate much.

He loved it. The attention, to hear people talking about him, good or bad. It was a no-brainer. Jack pulled, all types of girls, the leader of the puck bunny nation.

The second he met Stella, he realized he checked his phone less, not caring for the female attention because it was all her.

Stella, was coming to close to hockey. The silence he felt on the ice, was slowly transforming to her. Like, being in her presence was equivalent to scoring hat trick. Rare, but an adrenaline rush.

And there was this fire growing between them, neither of them dared to approach it. It was warm, like a hot chocolate after playing in the snow till your hands froze. But fire burns after a while.

AYE