fifteen

☄. *. ⋆ WANTING WAS ENOUGH
FOR ME, IT WAS ENOUGH
TO LIVE FOR THE HOPE OF IT ALL
taylor swift

RAIN BEGAN to fall from the sky, first in small droplets, then growing harsher and faster. Stella walked quickly to his car before throwing herself in, hearing the pitter patter as he, too, hurried in.

The drive back to her house was silent;uncomfortably silent. But, the words that Matt Boldy had engraved in her mind weren't leaving. A constant replay over and over again until they pulled up to her driveway.

She reached for the door handle, watching it quickly switch to locked as he grabbed her elbow, forcing her to stay put.

"Stella." He said in a tone that made her want to flip herself inside out. "What's the matter? Stella, please."

"Who is she?" Stella turned to him with such force, his hold on her fell. "Chelsea. Who is she, Jack?"

His lips parted, his light eyes gazing all over her face with drawing recognition. He was speechless.

"Okay." Stella nodded slowly, pulling her bottom lip into her mouth. "Are you seeing her? At least be honest with me."

"It's more complicated than that." He finally spoke, staring down at his lap. "I haven't seen her in a month, Stella, I swear."

"Are you texting her?" Stella asked. "I mean, are you feeding into it?"

Jack swallowed, harshly. "I don't want you to think I'm leading you on..."

"Just stop." Stella cut him off with a shake of her head. "I can't be mad at you. It's not like we're serious or anything. But, I refuse to be an idiot. I'm not going to sit here and wait."

"You're not, Stella. Please just listen to me." Jack practically begged.

She shook her head, reaching for the door handle. "I have nothing more to say to you, Jack. Thanks for wasting my time."

When she exited the car, he did, too. He worked quickly to stand before her, trapping her between him and the passenger door.

"She means nothing to me." Jack pleaded. "It's not what it seems like at all. We barely even speak, Stella. I swear."

"Then, prove it." Stella cocked her head to the side, watching his brows pull together. "If I look at your phone, is it going to back you up?"

Silence. She fought the tears that so desperately wanted to fall as she shifted her feet, pressing her palms against his chest. "I think we're done here, Jack."

"Stella." Jack whined, his hand darting up to hold her wrist, as if it physically pained him. "I'm sorry, okay? Just...."

"It's getting late." Stella interrupted. "And now I'm soaked head to toe. See you later."

She shoved past him quickly, her wet hair clinging to her skin as she jogged to her front door, shutting it with a slam as her head fell back against it.

Her bottom met the cold tile as she broke down. Sobs raked through her entire body as she didn't bother to peek and see if he had been mourning just as hard.

His tired squealing against the concrete was the confirmation she needed. There was no one else to blame but herself, she took the bait and was now hooked.

To say Stella fell hard and fast did not begin to describe the way he made every part of her loose it's meaning. She knew from the day she laid on eyes on him, he would destroy her.

He was perfect, a dream come true, too good to be true. He was an appeal to anyone around him, pulling stares from people by just simply existing.

She wondered if that's how all crushes eventually die. With a slow whimper until the feeling was suffocating. Or, simply by him letting you go.

All she knew was that, he was nothing but a perfect boy with perfect lips that did nothing but lie. He lied about her being the only one, and Stella would do it all over again.

That feeling of neediness shook her, she didn't want to set her eyes on him ever again. But she knew she would have no other choice, she would see him bright and early in the mornings or at night during skate sessions. It was going to be harder than she thought to avoid him.

But, that was her goal. She never wanted to lay eyes on the sight that was Jack Hughes, ever again.

i hate him