forty four

☄. *. ⋆ I WISH THAT YOU WOULD STAY IN MY MEMORIES
IN MY MEMORIES, STAY IN MY MEMORIES
conan gray

2 years later

JACK

I SPRUNG up quickly at the sound of the doorbell, shuffling over as I opened the door, revealing the pizza man, holding the box which contained a drooling scent.

I tapped my pockets, feeling nothing, I chuckled awkwardly as I stepped back, calling. "Sienna! Can you get my wallet?"

Sienna grabbed my wallet from its spot on the counter, peeking through it as she handed me a 20 dollar bill. I swapped with the delivery man, shooting him a quick nod before shutting the door.

After a post-win, pizza was an essential to me, maybe not the best food to be eating during the season but I needed it.

My first year was anything but smooth, with constant checks to my body, getting tossed around like a rag doll, and barely being able to generate anything, it was a fucking bore. Which officially named me the biggest bust in the NHL.

But with three games in this season, I was already having a better season than last year, with more shots on goal, sticking up for myself, I was showing them who I was.

And Sienna, well Sienna was keeping me company. I made it clear that I was a no strings attached kinda guy, and she seemed happy about it.

"You have a lot of shit in here." Sienna blinked, glancing up at me from the stool, my wallet still clutched in her hand.

"Yeah?" I chuckled, feeling the heat of the pizza burn my hand slightly as I transferred it onto a plate. "I haven't really felt the need to clean it out."

Sienna shook her head, pulling out gift cards that had been there since I was seventeen. I could barely remember life at that age, even if it was two years, I've managed to block Plymouth out of my mind.

"What is this?" Sienna cocked a brow, fumbling with a small picture in her hand. Her face scrunched up further as she flipped it over, a small snort leaving her lips. "Who is Stella?"

And suddenly, I was back in that small town, the blonde, blue-eyed, bright smile girl sitting beside me.

"I, uh..." I snatched it from her quickly, my eyes scanning the polaroid.

It was from our trip to Sweden, just by the mountain tops, she looked like she had come from somewhere that wasn't earth, like she was handcrafted from the Gods above. And my heart began to ache, suddenly, I was seventeen again and I just broken her heart. Along with my own.

"She's an old friend of mine." I shrugged, attempting to be nonchalant as I slid it back towards the girl. "Forgot I had that in there."

Sienna eyed me curiously, taking the picture back between her fingers. "Just a friend? It says Stella with a heart. And might I add the back has the words, 'I love you' written on them."

"It was a long time ago, Sienna." I could myself growing angry. "Would you just drop it."

"Jeez, sorry." The brunette huffed, taking the polaroid as she placed it back into the last compartment of the wallet. "It was there for a reason, Jack. I'll leave it."

Truth be told, I had forgotten I stored it there. But, like it has been for the past 2 years, a distant memory in the back of my head.

I've done everything I possibly could to try and wipe her from my life, and as guilty as I felt, it was better than feeling like I threw my entire life away that night.

"You know, Jack, we are friends." Sienna spoke up again, I had a feeling she wasn't going to drop it. "Remember when I asked you if you ever had a real girlfriend?"

"Yeah." I hummed with a slight shrug. "Where are you going with this?"

Sienna crossed her legs, leaning onto the counter with a serious expression taking over her features. "Was it with her?"

I felt my jaw go slack as I glanced down, not being able to hold eye contact.

"I'm assuming that's a yes." Sienna rolled her bottom lip between her teeth. "I mean, did she do something? She had to have fucked up pretty bad."

"No." I spoke faster than my brain could process, the words leaving my lips in an instant. "No. She...She didn't do anything wrong. I'm the one that ended it."

Sienna fell quiet, tucking her dark hair behind her ears. "Can I give my opinion?"

As much as Sienna and I got along, her therapist act was really starting to get under my skin. It was better when we were doing anything but this, having a deep conversation.

"When do you not?" I rolled my eyes, cracking a small smile;I really wished she'd keep her opinions to herself.

I hadn't talked about Stella in years, nonetheless really thought about her. Although, I always felt like there was a part of me that was incomplete, Stella was the missing puzzle piece.

"I don't think you're over her." Sienna crossed her hands. No shit. "It feels like you guys still have unfinished business or something."

I couldn't help but laugh, shaking my head in disagreement. "Stella and I are done for. Yeah, I loved her but we weren't good together."

I felt like apart of me was betraying her, talking about her like this. In a way I hoped she didn't feel, too. I hope she thought we were good together.

"You know? We were seventeen, eighteen." I shrugged. "We were young."

"I think you need closure, Jack." She stepped around to stand in front of me. "Have you tried to get into contact with her?"

The thought of Stella alone killed me, to think of standing before her, speaking to her, would be a one way ticket to the afterlife.

"I don't wanna talk about this anymore." I ended the conversation, grabbing Siennas lower back as I smashed my lips onto hers.

hey...