nine

☄. *. ⋆    AND TELL, JUST TELL ME WHAT YOURE DOING WITH THAT OTHER GUY
chase atlantic

STELLA WAS not the typical party type. The idea of drunken bodies, the stench of alcohol, and music too loud you can barely think, made her uneasy.

But here she was, stepping into the crowded home
of Alex Turcotte, her jeans tight to her body as she tugged on the straps of her top, the bra-like shirt completely out of her comfort zone.

"My babies!" A voice squeaked, the girls turning their heads to be met with a smiling Cole, double-fisting with no shame. "Just got here?"

"Mhm." Addy hummed, eyeing him. "I'm assuming you've been here a while."

"Who do you think help set up?" Cole rolled his eyes before disappearing, heading straight towards a group of girls.

Stella rocked on her heels slightly, her eyes wandering in search for the brunette. Her stomach twisted when she laid eyes on him.

His tall figure rested against the counter, clutching a Miller as two older-looking girls stood at his side, smiling up at him with desire.

She cleared her throat, heading straight for the cooler with a huff. She shuffled through the drinks, seeing seltzers and beers.

"That one is good." She jumped slightly, peering up at the large frame, towering over her. He grabbed the colorful can, holding it out to her.

"Is it?" Stella took it from him, reading the ingredients before shrugging and cracking it open. "How are you Bolds?"

"Good." Matt nodded with a small closed-lip smile. "And yourself?"

Stella huffed, tasting the sweet vodka burn her tastebuds. Her eyes wandered back, to find him gone from his original spot, one of the girls still there.

She sat back on the cooler, crossing her legs as she patted the spot beside her, beckoning him. He sat.

"You sure your okay?" Matt asked, nudging her lightly with his elbow. "I know we're not close or anything but you seem upset."

"It's stupid." Stella shook her head, lifting the can back up to her lips, feeling it nearly empty already.

"You can talk about it." Matt chuckled nervously. "I'm a great listener, I swear."

Stella blew out a breath, her leg bouncing, stopping as his hand gently covered her bare knee. "I just can't tell if I'm being stupid. You're a guy, so, can you be honest with me?"

"Always." Matt nodded, his hand still resting as he didn't dare to move.

"If you kiss a girl, does that mean you like her? But, it wasn't, like, a spin the bottle type of kiss, it was more of a "I like you" type of thing." Stella questioned, feeling her chest heave.

Matt was silent for a few seconds, pondering. "Can I have a little more context?"

"A few days ago...Jack and I kissed." She paused. "But I can't tell if he likes me or not. I mean, he's technically the reason I'm here and I walk in and he's got two chicks at his side. Now, I can't even find him."

Matt's hand retreated back to his side, a look of defeat coating his features. "That's just Jack, Stella. I mean, have you ever seen his phone? Girls upon girls on every app. Did you really have to fall for the hottest hockey player?"

"Hottest?" Stella cocked a brow with a chuckle, feeling the way her chest panged. Because maybe, she wasn't the only girl Jack had eyes on.

"I didn't mean it like that." Matt shook his head. "He's our top player, every NHL team is eyeing him right now. Just be careful, Stella. He's a heartbreaker."