five

☄. *. ⋆ DONT KNOW WHY THINKING OF HIM MAKES ME SMILE
mac miller

STELLA RESTED her upper half against her headboard, knees tucked up to her chest as she made room on her queen sized bed for Georgia and Addy.

"Sounds to me like he's obsessed." Georgia pursued her lips, wiping her mouth as her chin dribbled with sauce.

"Agreed." Addison nodded, the three girls sharing leftovers. "Look, I don't know much about the Hughes boy but I can tell by the way he looks at you. Oh, and that Boldy kid."

Stella knitted her brows together. "What? What about Matt?"

"Did you not notice it?" Addison chuckled, glancing at Georgia for back up. "He totally checked you out and then got all mopey when Jack talked to you."

"I saw it too." Georgia shrugged. "I'm still team Jack, though."

Stella groaned, covering her face. "There's no team anything. Plus, Gigi, didn't you tell me to watch out?"

"Maybe." Georgia squinted, recalling the events of last week. "But he's a cutie pie. Plus, he's a hockey god. Just have some fun, you know?"

"Fun?" Stella cocked a brow at the black haired girl. "So, you guys actually think I should go to his house tomorrow?"

"You'd be stupid not to." Addison shook her head with pursued lips. "He's inviting you over! Doesn't he have a license?"

"Yes." Stella nodded with a confused expression.

Addison rolled her eyes, tapping her knee gently. "For crying out loud, Stella. He invited you over, he totally could've just did what guys usually do."

"And what's that?" Stella crossed her arms.

"Drive you around and park in a secluded area." Georgia scoffed. "I think he's being genuine with this. Trevor told me so."

"He did?" Stella's eyes flashed with hurt. "He didn't tell me."

Georgia shifted awkwardly. "I don't know why. He's closer with you."

"Don't take it to heart." Addison tilted her head slightly. "Trevor's a dumbass."

"Oh, shut up." Georgia nudged the girl beside her. "You're worse than Stella is with Jack. We all know you're head over heels for that dumbass."

"I can't defend you on that." Stella had her hands up, earning daggers from the blonde.

Addison chewed aggressively on the chicken parmigiana. "This isn't about Trevor and I. This is about Stella and Jack!"

"Classic." Georgia snorted. "Changing the subject, Holt?"

Addison flashed her the palm of her hand, signaling she had been done talking about the brunette boy that consumed her life.

"Anyways." Addison rolled her eyes. "Do you think his family will be there? He said he has two brothers, doesn't he?"

Stella nodded with a hum. "Yeah. I'm not sure how old."

"I think he's a middle child." Georgia informed. "He's older brother got drafted last year. He plays for Vancouver."

"How the fuck do you know this?" Addison furrowed her brows with wide eyes.

"You both know how hockey obsessed my dad is." Georgia groaned, holding her temples. "That's all I hear about."

Stella chuckled. "That is true. Conan loves his hockey."

"My point exactly." Georgia tilted her chin. "I don't know much on his other brother. I'm sure you can find out."

Stella blew out a deep breath, shaking her head. "We'll see, yeah?"

Her phone began to buzz beside her, her brows together as she lifted it, unlocking it in a swift motion as she clicked on messages, only deepening her confusion.

unknown hey sj!

stella sorry, who's this?

jack sorry. it's jack! should've clarified that.

stella haha all good :) how'd you get my number?

jack a great friend of mine actually. ever heard of trevor zegras?

stella oh i sure have 🙂 i didn't know he was giving my number out.

jack not happy i'm texting you?

stella im delighted rowdy 🫶

jack do you have a crush on me or something???

stella who doesn't?

jack is this a good time to ask you to come over saturday?

stella great time! yes, i'll be there.

jack counting down the days. see you at practice tomorrow?

stella i'll be there :)

babies