eight

☄. *. ⋆ I NEVER COULD'VE SEEN YOU COMING
I THINK YOU'RE EVERYTHING I WANTED
gracie abrams

STELLA JEAN could still feel her lips tingle, even three days later. The moment playing over and over again, mindlessly. She walked into the kitchen-like room, hearing chatter.

She swallowed, keeping her eyes away from the table where he sat. His stare practically burning holes into the back of her skull.

Stella switched on the Nespresso, her sneakers clacking as she opened the fridge, grabbing the creamer.

Matt Boldy stood in her spot, pouring the freshly brewed cup of coffee into his own mug, originally meant for Stella.

His eyes lifted to lock with hers, scanning her face as annoyance littered her features. "Fuck, sorry. Here."

"Oh." Stella glanced down, watching him hold it out for her. "No, it's fine. I can just make another. You can have it."

"No, Stella." He chuckled, shaking his head. "I insist, seriously. It's all yours."

She flashed him a small smile before taking it, fingers brushing together. "Thanks, Matt."

A hand pressing against her lower back nearly had her dropping the mug, her head cocking up to see Jack, beaming at Matt.

Matt's eyes flickered down to the hand on her back, almost as if he was being predatorial, nearly glueing himself to her side. "See you on the ice."

Stella frowned slightly at his abrupt leave, shaking her head as she made herself the coffee, Jack coming to lean on the counter. "You ignoring me, SJ?"

"Never." Stella capped her drink, her smile finding her eyes as she stared at the boy. "What's up with Matt?"

"I don't know." Jack shrugged. "I think he has a thing for you."

She chuckled with raised brows. "And why on earth would you think that, Rowdy?"

"He's always staring at you." Jack scrunched his face up in disgust. "Like, always. Plus, when I told the guys about you coming over...I could've sworn he scoffed."

"You're crazy." Stella rolled her eyes in a playful manner. "So is that why you came over here? To claim me?"

Jack shook his head with pursued lips. "No. I don't need to claim what's already mine, right?"

Stella shuttered, goosebumps appearing on her skin at his words. She crumbled around him. "You're so annoying."

"You really think that?" Jack cocked a brow. "Really?"

"No." Stella cracked, chuckling as she rolled her lips into her mouth.

"Exactly what I thought." Jack hummed, leaning forward to peck her lips, catching her by surprise as she flashed a pink color. "What?"

Stella cleared her throat, glancing around the room as she could feel the wondering eyes. "We're doing that, like, publicly? We just had our first kiss."

"Sorry..." Jack stiffened. "I, uh, I just thought..."

Stella laughed, leaning up to kiss the corner of his mouth. "I'm just messing with you, Rowdy. Don't freeze up on me now."

"PDA." Cole muttered, coming to stand in front of them. "PDA, people."

"Don't cockblock." Trevor's hand made contact with the back of his neck, earning a hiss from the shorter boy.

"Says you." Cole hit Trevor lightly.

Jack eyed Stella, watching her hold in her laughter at the sight of Cole and Trevor bickering.

"That's not fair, Cole." Trevor whined, the conversation switching gears in an instant. "You got the last one yesterday."

"I technically was here first." Cole shrugged, holding the granola bar in his opposite hand, hiding it from the brunette.

"You were busy watching these two swap cooties."
Trevor argued. "No offense, guys."

Jack nudged the dirty blonde beside him. "Are you busy this weekend?"

"No." Stella was quick to shake her head. Truthfully, Stella had no idea what her schedule was but Jack asked, meaning any prior plans would be wiped off immediately.

"Good." He nodded with a grin. "Turcs is having a party, no parents, and all of us are invited."

"He's cool with me coming?" Stella asked.

Jack nodded. "Yes. He even said you could bring your friends, specifically, Georgia for him."

"You talking about Turcs?" Trevor suddenly indulged in their conversation, munching on the other half of the granola bar.

"Yes." Stella hummed.

"It's going to be so fun." Cole rubbed his hands together. "How many chicks you think are gonna come, Rowdy?"

Jack shrugged, blowing a small bubble with his peppermint gum. "A lot, probably. None that I care much about though."

Stella turned her head, he was already looking at her. She blushed, squeezing his hand slightly.

"Gross." Cole gagged, pretending to throw up as Trevor patted him on the back. "If you guys are gonna be like this on Saturday, I need to be blacked out."

"You're going to black out anyways, dickface." Trevor scoffed, batting his lashes at Cole.

Cole twisted his face, shooting daggers at the boy beside him. "Whatever, Trevor. At least I won't be following Addy around like a lost puppy dog."

"Good one." Stella chimed in with a giggle, it slowly dying as Trevor's jaw tightened, his eyes narrowing at the girl. "Sorry."

here we go