seven

☄. *. ⋆  YOU LIKE A PRETTY BOY
WITH A PRETTY VOICE
tv girl 

ALL THE way up until she stopped at his front door, she gave herself a pep talk, her hands evident from the panic as they shook.

He came to the door, greeting her with a sweet grin as he moved to the side, letting her in.

She glanced around the mud room, pictures of his family accompanying the walls. She walked further with Jack in front of her, pulling at her hand, the home smelt like warm vanilla and had the perfect feeling of coziness.

"Hi! You must be Stella." A blonde woman came around the island, beaming at the young girl.

"Yes." Stella nodded with a smile, swallowing the lump in her throat. "It's so nice to meet you, Mrs. Hughes."

"Please." The woman waved her hand. "Call me Ellen, honey. If you two need anything you know where to find me. Oh, and, Jack, tell Luke his new skates came."

Jack nodded before dragging Stella up the stairs, their shoulders pressing together.

"Your brother plays, too?" Stella asked, attempting to make conversation as Jack hummed, knocking on his brother's bedroom door.

"We all do." Jack knocked again, hearing the boy inside mumble a groan. "Lukey."

Luke opened the door, his curly hair messy as he rubbed his eyes. "What, asshole?"

"Your new skates are here." Jack chuckled, bringing his hand to muffle his hair even more, earning a slap from his brother.

Luke's gaze shifted to the girl beside him, eyeing her with no dismay. "This the girl from the rink?"

"Her name is Stella." Jack shot him daggers. "Stella this is my little brother Luke."

"Hi, Luke." Stella greeted with a chuckle.

"Hello, Stella." Luke nodded with flat lips, containing his smirk as he flicked his eyes between the pair. "Have fun you two."

And with that, Jack was hurrying her to his room, scoffing with annoyance as he shut the door behind him.

Jack's room was exactly what Stella pictured it to be. Light gray walls with matching bedding, white blinds shut, hockey posters scattered on his walls, and a corner of his room being overtaken by gear.

He gestured her towards the bed, his TV playing a Netflix show as he scooted to the headboard, Stella sitting beside him. 

"Your room is cute." Stella hummed, looking around once more as she couldn't help but take mental polaroids. "So is your brother."

"He's a beast." Jack toyed with the ankle band of his socks, seemingly nervous. "He definitely thinks you're hot."

"I'm flattered." Stella chuckled, shaking her head. "He's just a bit too young for me. And your other brother?"

Jack folded his hands, his elbow pressing into her side slightly, she didn't dare to move. "He's in Canada, playing for the Canucks. You'd love him. His name is Quinn."

"Quinn." Stella repeated. "Well, I hope to meet him someday."

"You will." Jack said with confidence, smiling lightly.