twelve

☄. *. ⋆  YOU TOLD ME BOUT YOUR PAST
THINKIN YOUR FUTURE WAS ME
taylor swift

HER HEART pounded at a rate she thought it was going to burst at any given moment. She stood at the door, tapping her foot against the tile as she peeked out of the windows, growing impatient by the passing minutes.

His car finally rolled up, she exited my house the second my phone buzzed. It was raining, she hurried to his car, closing the door with a huff as droplets lingered on her clothes.

He looked perfect. He always does-but the way he was smiling at her right now had every thought flying out of the window.

"Hi." Stella finally spoke, he must've seen she was shivering because he turned up the heat. "Thanks for picking me up."

"Anytime." He nodded. "Still up for pizza?"

"Yes." She hummed, feeling her stomach growl the second he pulled away from the curb.

Truthfully, she didn't care where they went. She just wanted to be with him, though, she'd never admit that. The music played low, the silence comfortable as she stared out of the window.

She rested her elbow on the center console, hand dangling off slightly. She froze as he took her hand,
lacing their fingers together, casually.

She stared at him, then down to where his thumb swiped across her knuckles softly. He kept his eyes locked on the road, but the small grin on his lips didn't go unnoticed.

When they reached the pizza parlor, the two of them hoped out. He walked quicker than Stella, opening the door for me with a nod as she thanked him.

Stella could feel her mouth beginning to water between the smell and the fresh slices beneath the glass. "What do you want?"

Jack shrugged, peering over her shoulder. She found herself in this position a lot, being trapped by him, she wasn't complaining. "I'm gonna have to go with a slice of White."

"That's my favorite, too." She laughed chuckled, nodding at the worker behind the counter as he overheard them. "Two White please."

Stella stepped towards the counter, holding out her debit. A whine left her lips as she was moved out of the way gently, Jack handing him a twenty.

"I was gonna pay." She pouted, feeling like she'd owed him.

Jack looked at her like she had five heads. "You crazy, SJ? A true gentleman never lets a woman pay. Especially on the first date."

Date. A date. She repeated the four letter word in her head over and over again. She hadn't realized this was a date, he never mentioned it was. She fiddled with her fingers, looking down as her entire body chilled.

He carried both paper plates to the booth towards the back, sliding her, her own as they both slid in. She replayed her conversation with Addy and Georgia as she watched him nearly burn his tongue on the pizza.

"So..." Stella trailed off, she hadn't had any idea on how to approach this.

"Yes, SJ?" Jack cocked a brow, licking his lips.

"Can I ask you something?" She waited until he nodded. "I know it's not my business or anything. But is there something between you and Boldy?"

Jack visibly tightened at the mention of the boy. He cleared his throat, seeming to glower.

"I'm sorry." She apologized, mentally face palming. "I don't know why I asked."