Aftermath

You had just knocked a death eater out and was limping towards the Great hall when you saw all the Weasley's gathered together and Mrs.Weasley saw you. You saw George on the ground and rushed over to him you hit the ground next to him. When he sees it's you he crushes you in a hug while sobbing. "He's gone, He's gone.". You hug him tightly, and start to cry as George buries his face in your shoulder. "I'm so sorry Georgie, you say and reach out touching Fred's hand. You wrap your arms around George. You rock him gently and he lets you go as you grab Fred's hand wishing for it to not be cold and you lower your head as you realize he isn't coming back. You sob shakily. "No...No. Freddie." You gasp and George wraps his arms around you and cries into your shoulder. "If only I had been next to him." George sobs, and you turn around basically holding him against you. "It's not your fault." You say starting to push your emotions away.

A year and half later:

You had just finished doing the dishes as George came upstairs and grabbed a glass of water. He wasn't himself to say the least, he was like a shell of who he was. You see him glance at you briefly and he reaches out almost to grab your side and pull you to him and you flinch slightly. You look up ad he frowns and leaves the room heading into both of yours rooms. You sigh and rub your face, deciding to sit in the living room for a while and give him his space. After a while you fall asleep.

You jump awake as you feel someone grab your hand. "Who's there?".

"It's just me, love." You hear George say from the darkness beside you.

"Why are you on the floor?" You ask softly.

"Well you never came to bed I got worried." He says. "Why did you flinch earlier?". You rub your eyes. "I dunno you hadn't made any attempts at holding me or cuddling since after...". You hear him inhale softly. "Merlin I've been such a horrible boyfriend.".

"No, we've both been grieving. You haven't.".

"Sweetheart, I haven't actually held you in a year and a half. You've been there for me and comforting me, while I've been oblivious to how all of this has affected you." He mumbles and you grab your wand pointing it at the lamps around your living room and they all turn on. You see his face and the dried tears as he looks at you. "Then let's change that, I know without Freddie here it will be hard.". He nods and you pat the couch next to you and he sits next to you. He doesn't hesitate and pulls you into his lap, holding you as close to him as he can. "I'm so sorry Y/n." He mumbles and you snuggle into him holding him too. "Its okay we can help each other heal." You say and he mumbles an agreement. You sit for a while before you start to fall asleep. "I love you Georgie.".

"I love you too, Y/n.".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

525 Words

A/n: This one felt eh, but I felt to need to write at least one about this.

-J_A_A