Insomniac

Y/n's POV:

I stretched and leaned back over my essay, I had been up since 10 pm trying to finish my essay. I even blew George off, which I never do. He had gone up to bed hours ago and I had stayed down here hoping I could get it done cause my insomnia was being a pain. I sighed looking over the paragraph I was currently writing. I hear footsteps and glance back, as someone walks into the Common Room. I stand up and see a very sleepy George. "Why didn't you go to bed? And why are you still up at 2 in the morning?" He asks groggily.

"I need to finish this paper, and my insomnia." I say and he yawns. "How did you know I wasn't in my dorm?".

"I missed you and went to go cuddle you and you weren't there." He mumbles, walking over to the couch and sitting down on it. "I'm sorry Georgie." I smile sitting down next to him and picking up my paper and quill. I quickly write down a few more sentences, before briefly re-reading the whole paper. I hear George snore slightly and he jolts awake. I set the paper down and laugh softly.

"What?" He mumbles.

"You woke yourself up with your own snore." I smile and he rolls his eyes. "Did you finish your paper?".

"Yeah, I think. I don't know maybe I'll reread it and fix it." I mumble leaning back on the couch.

"Tomorrow is Saturday though." He says and I groan. "What's wrong?".

"I miss three days of classes just because I got sick and suddenly I'm swimming in work. I have four essays still due and all the homework to catch up on.". "I'll help you but let's take tomorrow off, yeah?" He says and I nod, closing my eyes. He pulls me into his chest and I relax, leaning up against him. I sigh and start to doze off as the sound of both the fire crackling and his heartbeat slowly lulls me to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

336 Words

A/n: I liked this one.