{1}-Beginning

**Wonyoung's POV**

I scrolled through Instagram on my phone, leaned back in my seat, while my boring math professor kept going on and on about derivatives. Math HAS to be the most boring subject that they make us learn in school, like seriously? Do people really enjoy doing this stuff? Anyways it was my last class for the day, so I had that going. Obviously, I still had cheer practice to do but cheer is always fun. I get to hang out with my bestie Liz AND get elective credit; it's a win-win. My attention turned to him as he muttered his closing remarks.

"...alright class, make sure to finish the homework by Friday. I'm going to let you guys out early. I need to head out early because I have a date with Ms. Baek tonight" he smiled.

Eww. Old people love. I shivered. "Whatever" I thought, at least I'm free from classes today. I rushed toward my locker so I can put my books away. AP Calculus 2 and AP Chemistry did NOT joke around. It felt like I had to carry a whole mountain on my back everyday. I felt like Sisyphus rolling the rock around all the time. When I arrived at the lockers, I saw Liz waiting for me. That's her nickname she gave herself since she felt her Korean name Jiwon was too formal. She seemed extremely happy today. Liz is one of those people who are always smiling brightly and helping out everyone she can; a true angel. I don't know how she does it all the time but that's just Liz for ya I suppose. She was leaning against her locker, texting someone with a bubbly smile. When I came closer, she quickly looked up from her phone with her mouth wide open.

"Wonyoung?!? You're here already...? Why.....?" she questioned nervously.

"Mr. Im let us out early today. He and Mrs. Baek are going on a date tonight apparently" I motioned like I was vomiting, "Are you okay? You seem stressed".

"Oh, yeah, I'm alright" she trailed off, scratching her head nervously.

"Okay......" I was confused, mostly suspicious of her, but I know she'll let me know if she has any problems so I didn't push forward.

"Can you do me a favor? Can you teach me how to do physics?" she asked.

"Nah, I'm sorry. I can't; I have a chem exam soon"

"What the. Don't you already have a 93%?" she expressed.

"Not good enough." I disappointedly responded. I put away my textbooks in my locker and took out my cheer uniform and pompoms. I grabbed her arm and looked at her watch: 3:22. I grit my teeth. Cheer practice starts at 3:30 so I felt the time pressure uplift onto me. This was especially bad since I was the Cheer Captain. It was always one of my goals when I entered high school; to be a captain of a sports team. It looked REALLY good on college applications so I knew that I needed to do it if I wanted to get into a SKY university. I tried out for every sport but I just...completely suck at sports. However, cheer was adequate. I discovered that I was more flexible than I thought. I then roped Liz into joining me.

We walked to the field which was across campus. Starship High was quite small since it was a private school. There were still a lot of students since the foundation gives away a lot of scholarships to low-income students which is how Liz and I got in! My father was a very respected music teacher, taught here for a semester actually, but after some aunts and uncles came to him needing money to pay off their gambling debts, we lost a lot of money. My dad is a bit too kind, but I guess that's one of his best traits. Maybe that kindness was for the better since we don't have to pay that much for me to attend because of the scholarships I've accumulated. With the opportunities presented to me, I focused hard on studying. It made my parents happy so it made me happy too. I desperately knew that I wanted to be a lawyer. I've always loved speaking and arguing, much to the dismay of my mom. Law is the perfect career for me; it pays well, it aligns with my personality, and I get to serve justice.