{21}-Camping

**Wonyoung's POV**

The annual Senior Field Trip drew close. This year, the school announced that they would take seniors on a camping trip in the mountains! This was a big deal. In the past, the school didn't have a big trip like this ever. They usually just took kids to a museum or a farm; basic elementary school-esque field trip locations. However, a camping trip is new. It was promoted as a 2-day, 1-night affair in the Samseongsan Mountains, with councilors, sleeping bags, s'mores, lake activities, etc. I was getting very excited for it. I used to camp with my family a lot but that was a long time ago; before Leeseo was even born. After Leeseo came, my parents got a bit scared of the dangers of the wilderness so we stopped going as frequently and eventually stopped altogether.

Yujin and I walked out our homes at approximately the same time again. I prepared a giant bag of supplies; clothes, some light makeup, my sleeping bag, bug repellant, sunscreen, water bottles, a swiss army-knife from my dad, hand sanitizer, hiking shoes, a book for the ride, and some snacks like beef jerky and trail mix. I saw Yujin wearing her cute nerdy glasses, white cap, and blue flannel and her bag...of just clothes.

"Where is your stuff?" I exclaimed, shocked at her lack of supplies.

She just shrugged. She then took off her backpack to examine it. She quickly studied it before innocently stating, "what do I need besides clothes?"

"A SLEEPING BAG?!? WATER?!? HIKING EQUIPMENT?!?" I yelled.

"Ayyyy, don't yell at me babyyy" she tightly hugged me. I'll admit that made me weak, but NOT WEAK ENOUGH TO TELL HER OFF.

"Come here, we're going to the store, you at least need a sleeping bag" I grabbed her arm and pulled her like walking my puppy. Well...she is my puppy...YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

"C'mon why don't we just share your sleeping bag? It's not like we don't sleep together anyways..." she scoffed, pouting like a sad puppy.

"As much as I want that, the school would not allow that and the flyer said everyone must bring their own bag, you brought your ID and stuff right?" I said authoritatively.

She pat herself down, "Gimmie a sec." She ran back in to grab her essentials which included a bag of Doritos for some reason.

~~

We made a quick run through the store for supplies: a sleeping bag, bags of chips for the ride there, and additional film for my polaroid camera. We mad to leave urgently to not miss the call-time assigned.

We reached the school just in time, the busses were approaching from a distance. We met up with Liz and Rei whom were sitting on the floor scrolling through videos on their phones. It seemed like they were like the same person when packing; they both had their backpacks full of snacks and toys instead of more practical things like me, at least they had something I suppose.

I approached them excitedly. Liz and I hugged immediately; it felt like I haven't seen her in forever.

"What took so long? You usually aren't late like this," Liz pondered.

"OMO could it possibly be because..." Rei put her hand over her mouth, her other hand pointing at me and Yujin, with a suggestive glare, "you guys were having a bit of fun...?"

"YAHHHHHH!" I hit her shoulder, I glanced over at Yujin who had the biggest smirk on her face and hit her too, "STOP SMILING YUJIN"

She hit me with those innocent eyes, "I DIDN'T EVEN DO ANYTHING!"

~~

The bus ride was quite long. I drifted off to nap early onto the trip while listening to music. Yujin, on the other hand, was playing games with the people next to us. She's a very active and excitable person so she was screaming a lot whenever something big happened in her game. Although loud, her voice was still soothing to me so it made me fall asleep faster I think.