{15}-Double Date

**Wonyoung's POV**

Cheer regionals were just a day away. I've devoted all my time in practicing our routine. The girls in Cheer also had the same motivation as me. We must've stayed after school for 3 hours each day in the week leading up and today was no exception. Everyday, as I would practice, I could spot Yujin hanging around on the bleachers. There were always the same people who came to watch us as we practiced: Yujin, Rei, some of the other partners and friends of the cheer squad, and some of Coach's old teammates. Coach felt very confident in this year to finally take home a trophy so she's pulling out all the stops. Today though, Coach stopped practice after only 5 repetitions of the routine, citing the importance of rest for both our energy and our muscles. She strongly advised doing anymore hardcore practice or exercise tonight. I went over to Yujin and told her the good news of practice ending early. Yujin dressed in a monotone black outfit and sported a cap as to not be recognized among the bleachers, although her outfit made her arguably the most noticeable person there. She was hunched over over her paper. I peered over her shoulder to find that she was just drawing animals. It was a picture of a dog and bunny playing tennis. Makes sense. I figure she'd have to pick up some new hobby while she waited for me to finish. 

Over the past weeks, especially after Homecoming and the night her old "friends" confronted us, Yujin and I have been spending all of our time together. She waits for me everyday after school and waits through practice. Because of my late schedule, we usually head out to eat together then head home. She's started to put her arm around my shoulder too. At first, I was flustered, but I guess once you get close enough with someone, you could get physically close as well. I mean me and Liz hold hands all the time, but that doesn't insinuate anything. In any case, since she's started putting her arm around me, I've started wrapping my arm around her arm, like what I did during the hedge maze. I wanted to test my limits with her; she used to seem so cold and distant. She hasn't pushed my arm off surprisingly so that's a good sign.

Liz and I walked out at the same time to find Yujin and Rei waiting for us at the entrance. They were sharing a laugh together from a video that Rei was showing Yujin.

"You guys wanna hang?" Liz asked. "Me and Wonyoung got out early. We should totally all go somewhere to relax before tomorrow!"

"Oh I don-" I was taken aback. The four of us never actually all hung out together before. 

I turned to Yujin to see if she was willing to since she's the more distant between the four of us. To my surprise, Yujin nodded yes. She took my bag and we headed off.

I think between seeing each other at Homecoming and at cheer practice, Yujin and Rei started to become close. I expected it to be Liz and Rei talking and Yujin and I talking; kind of in two sub-pairs, but it was actually Liz and I and Yujin with Rei. I overheard their conversation. They were talking about football. I didn't even know Yujin liked football. She never fails to surprise me.

We stopped at a café to decide where we could go. I just got a regular strawberry/peach tea since I didn't want the caffeine from coffee keeping me up later. Liz and I sat down first to claim a table. The other two approached 4 minutes later with our drinks. Yujin also came back with a tray of bread. There were a couple of pastries that Yujin bought. She slid the tray to me. There were maybe 10 different types of bread on the tray. I started biting into one of them. Liz tried taking a piece but Yujin grabbed her arm and stopped her.

"These are for Wonyoung." Liz sulked and went back to searching on her phone. "She needs to eat more."

I shot her a deadly look.

"It's true." She said blatantly.

Sensing the tension, Rei broke the tension, "Don't worry honey~ I'll get you some too."