{18}-Confession

**Wonyoung's POV**

New Year's Eve finally approached. After the Christmas Party, Yujin and I distanced ourselves. I didn't necessarily feel uncomfortable with her, but it was definitely tricky to approach her now. One time, my family were about to leave to go eat dinner and I saw Yujin coming out to throw out the trash. We glanced at each other but Yujin immediately threw the bag on the floor and ran inside. She's avoiding me too it seems. She must be embarrassed. I just wish we can resolve this tension quick so we can start the new year together. NOT THAT "together"! I meant like together as in being friends obviously!

It didn't help that Leeseo kept teasing me at home. Whenever I went outside, she would sprint up to me and irritatingly whisper "are you going on your first date??? OMO". Sometimes I just wanna...just wanna... yk? School was out on Winter Break so I headed out almost everyday hanging out with friends. Me and Liz saw each other practically everyday; I even spent some nights over at her house. The only day we didn't see each other was when Liz set me up so that she could go on a date with Rei. Essentially, she baited me to coming to her house where she would "forget" that she had an important meeting she had to leave for and ditch to go out with Rei, so I was just stuck at her house with her parents. To be honest, I don't know why they don't just tell their parents about their relationship. Regardless, nothing is worse than lying to your second set of parents. Luckily, everything went well and their secret wasn't revealed, largely in part to my immaculate charisma. Additionally, Liz and Rei promised me a free meal from that ordeal so it wasn't entirely bad. 

Tonight is New Years Eve. The block is hosting a big neighborhood party hosted by one of our neighbors, Mrs. Kwon, to welcome the new year together. I was hoping that Yujin and I could resolve things tonight before the New Year hits. Knowing Yujin though, I don't think she'll even come outside for it. I figure she'd just stay in her room all night. I imagined that I might have to break in or bribe Yuyeon with my Halloween candy. Besides, I still need to give her Christmas gift and get my Pikachu anyways. I got her a Turtle onesie, a navy blue Yankees cap, and earrings. She was my most expensive gift this year. It wasn't intentional but things just kind of wound up like that.

**Yujin's POV**

I couldn't bear to face Wonyoung after Christmas. Every time I saw her walk out her door, I had to stop myself from running to her and telling her how I felt. After I kissed her cheek, I felt humiliated; Wonyoung froze there in silence, Leeseo even came in. I don't want to talk about it anymore! My feelings grew too intense that I became worried about my relationship with Wonyoung. Will I be able to be friends with her? We were both gonna be at the New Years Block Party tonight, so I'll discover tonight how I'll be able to act around her. I saw her from my window, she was sitting at her desk, doing make-up, face-timing someone, no doubt she was talking to Liz. I felt like a hermit throughout the entirety of Winter Break up until this point, peering out at Wonyoung occasionally. Her life doesn't seem like it changed too much; she's been out with friends every day. If I didn't act so rashly that night, she could've been hanging out with me... The only thing I have left is the Pikachu that I haven't given back to her. I keep thinking about the shocked look on face when she opened her eyes. It melted my heart.

SHOOT. 

I'm smiling again. Anyways, tonight is a big night for me.

Just need to act cool. No biggie.

**Wonyoung's POV**//**Yujin's POV**

I came out to the party at around 7:30. The adults were still setting up the chairs and tables. For this special occasion, I wore a floral pink dress, a pink headband and especially made sure to wear the necklaces Yujin and I bought at the mall once. It was a "Buy One, Get One" so we ended up getting necklaces of each other's favorite animals. This meant I got a Toy Poodle dog necklace while Yujin got a rabbit necklace which I've actually never seen her without. Since I had nothing better to do, I tried to help setup the tables. I hopped around duties like setting the tables, passing out plates and utensils, to even babysitting the children so they wouldn't mess anything up. My last task was the thing I've been dreading most about this party. Mrs. Choi's Petting Zoo. She manages the city zoo, so she thought it would be fun for the kids if she brought some animals along to have a petting zoo. She brought a lot more and a lot scarier animals than I thought. I turned to the right and was met face to face with a dirty white alpaca munching on some grass. Mrs. Choi asked me to watch over the petting zoo so the kids don't get hurt. It would seem like she did not consider hiring someone to watch over ME. Nevertheless, managing the petting zoo was actually quite easy because the kids just kinda looked at the animals instead of trying to interact with them and because there were trainers who watched over every animal too. I thought I was in the clear so I started getting cozy; I sat on a chair and ripped open a packet of beef jerky. The smell of the beef ignited the hunger of the dogs and they all started to chase after me full speed.