{14}-Retribution

**Yujin's POV**

When I was washing my hands, the decrepit bathroom showed its history. The water burst out of the faucet and sprayed all over me. It hit my face and my jacket. I spent some time drying myself. The towel dispenser ran out of paper so I looked around to find something to dry myself with. There was some sheets in the stall that I forced myself to use. It wasn't ideal but it was the only thing that I could use. I hope Wonyoung hasn't left yet or even started to wonder why I was in here for so long, especially why I came out wet too. I quickly pat myself with what felt like sand paper and headed out. I did some last minute drying as I walked over. I stopped in my tracks when I looked up at the line. I knew it instantly. My past has caught up to me.

I sprinted over to talk to them but I was too late. Wonyoung got punched. I rushed over to deliver a return punch.

"The hell was that for?!?!?" I shouted. I put myself between her and Wonyoung. My arm sticking out to guard Wonyoung. Nearby people helped Wonyoung to her feet, but I still saw Wonyoung clutching her face.

"Well well, girls, look who it is: An Yujin." she said with a sinister swagger. They all started to laugh uncontrollably.

"What. Was. That. For?" I growled.

"That? That was just some 2 year old payback!" she exclaimed, "besides that was nothing compared to what you did to me". She pushed my shoulder.

I stumbled back to equilibrium. "That... I'm sorry about that" I remorsefully muttered.

"Sorry? SORRY?!?" she yelled, "YOU DON'T GET TO FEEL SORRY ABOUT THAT" she started pointing at me. "You...YOU..." She jabbed me with her finger, pushing me back each time. "We used to rule the world Yujin. What happened to that? What happened to YOU? You've changed so much in the past year. You cut your hair and now you're running around with Hello Kitty?" She mockingly pointed at Wonyoung who was now standing behind me in the protection of the kind strangers.

I slapped her hand away, "I couldn't live with myself because of you. It just wasn't right."

"BUT THE YEARS BEFORE WERE?" she exasperated.

"THOSE WERE..", I reflected, "I regret those years, I can't outrun those mistakes...ever. I may try but it'll lead to nothing."

She scoffed, crossing her arms she uttered one line. A line she will live to regret: "So now you're repenting your sins by dating another Doah?"

That ignited a hidden side of me. A side that I swore to never unleash again. The last time I felt this rush of fury was in the 6th grade. Back then, some boy pulled my hair during arts & crafts class and I retaliated with full fury. I knocked him down and started going to town. I completely blacked out and when I came to consciousness, I was in the back of my mom's car, staring out the window, tears still dripping down my face. We moved at the end of that month. It was the first time that I lost control.

By the way, dear reader, you may be wondering: who did I punch?

Some old acquaintances that I was connected with in my last school: Yoon Inhyeong and her gang of stuck-up leeches.

I tackled Inhyeong down onto the ground and started whacking her head. My fist became stained with her blood. Her gang tried to help her by pushing me off, but every time they got close, I scared them off with my fist. Eventually the café workers came to defuse the confrontation. They carried me off her. I was in such a trance that I only saw Wonyoung as I was being carried away. She stood on the side, her hands clasped over her mouth. She began to apologize to the people around her. The guards carried me out the building. They sat me down on a bench just outside the door.