Chapter 23-

Adam's Point of view-

"Hello, brother."

"Jen?!" I say jumping up to cover Cleo from Jens path. i did so as quietly as possible, as to not wake her up in the process of trying to protect her.

Jen laughed at my attempt to cover her, which just pissed me off more than I already was.

"Why the hell are you here?! How did you get in!?"

"Let's just say my mate is 'handling' the situation." She replied, obviously smirking at my anger.

"Ah, brother. You are so naive. There are still wolves in this pack who are loyal to me." Her lips were pulled into and ear to ear smile.

I heard Cleo stir behind me so I decided to move or little meeting along. "Why are you here, Jen?"

"As if it weren't obvious enough, I'm here for her." She spit out the last word as if Cleo were the most disgusting creature she had ever seen. Which of course pissed me off further.

"Was your plan to just walk right in and have me hand her over to you?" I asked.

"Adam, can't we just talk about this, like we used to talk about all of our problems?" She asked, obviously trying to bring back good memories.

"No. Not over my mate Jen. She hasn't done anything to you, so you have nothing to say." Her smile starts to fade into a frown and her eyes are dark with fury.

"She is a HUMAN. A dirty good for nothing human. How could you love that?!" She said the last sentence as a statement instead of a question.

"I don't know. How do you love that dick of a mate you have?" I fire back at her.

She let out a low growl in the back of her throat. She was about to attack, when I heard people moving around downstairs. She looked behind her to check If anyone was near, and turned back to face me.

"You may turn her into me when ever you want brother, that offer still stands, but if you don't... We will have no choice but to attack." With that she turned around and left. Just like that.

I was glad she had come. I now knew exactly what I had to do to keep Cleo.

I have to get rid of Jen.

________________________________

I hope you liked this short little chapter! I know it was small, but there was a ton of important stuff going on!

Please vote or comment what you thought!

I love you all!

~ singergirl55