Chapter 4

The sound of an exhaust pipe screeching against the asphalt of the school's car park comes to a halt as Mr Schuester parks his car. The glee number plate standing out. He gets out and walks towards the school. Rachel walks up to him, dragging a pink suitcase bag thing behind her.

"Mr Schuester!" She calls out, smiling up at him.

"Yeah?" Mr Schue says, his eyes covered by his sunglasses.

"I went to the library and I got some sheet music, and I wanted to run some songs by you that feature me heavily on lead vocal." Anakin over hears Rachel say as she walks past them and into the school.

Anakin meets Santana, and Quinn, in the hallway, as they walk somewhere. They walk by Mr Schue and Miss Pillsbury, the guidance counsellor.

Santana rolls her eyes as she passes. "Get a room." She says, still bitter about what he said to Anakin. Ark nudges her.

"Ms Sylvester wants to see you in her office, Mr Schue. She doesn't like to be kept waiting." Quinn says, maing Anakin mumble a 'No she does not,' under her breath.

They walk away, Paddington dodging the hand Mr Schue tried to pet him with.

"You got it." Mr Schue chuckles nervously.

Anakin just so happened to be at her locker again, a bit later in the day, as Quinn and Finn talk at his locker. She notices Rachel trying and failing to listen in on the couples conversation without them noticing. She uses a small mirror in her hand to watch them behind her.

"We are in line to be the most popular kids in the school over the next couple years." Quinn says to an uninterested Finn.

"Yeah, I know." Finn boredly says.

"Prom king and queen. Homecoming court royalty. I am not giving up those shiny crowns just so you can express yourself." Quinn tells her boyfriend, as he gets books out of his locker to put them in his bag.

"Look, you're making too big a deal out of this." Finn says, making Anakin wince. Never say that to a girl. They love all things prom and being queen.

Rachel closes her mirror and leans in more to hear them talk.

"Okay. Let's compromise. If you quit the club, I'll let you touch my breast." Quinn says, Anakin snorts to herself. She can see Finn contemplate it.

"Under the shirt?" He asks. Such a boy thing to do.

"Over the bra." Quinn says, shooting him down.

Finn looks conflicted for a moment before he shakes his head. "No. No, I can't." He says, making Quinn scoff. "I want to do Glee. I'm really happy when I'm performing."

"People think you're gay now, Finn. And you know what that makes me? Your big gay beard." Quinn says angrily. Anakin holds in her laugh at the expression on Finn's face.

"Look. I- I gotta go to class. Okay? Just relax. Everything's gonna work out." Finn says, shutting his locker and walking away.

Quinn sees Rachel watching Finn walk down the hallway, her expression angry.

"Eavesdrop much?" Quinn says, walking closer to Rachel. She basically gets up into Rachel's face. "Time for some girl talk, man hands. You can dance with him. You can sing with him. But you will never have him."

"I understand why you'd be threatened. Finn and I have made a connection. But I'm an honourable person. " The smile of disbelief on Quinn's face as Rachel says this is pretty, to Anakin. "I don't need to steal your man. I have plenty of suitors of my own. Every day Glee status is going up, and yours is going down. Deal with it." Rachel says with a smile on her face as she walks backwards, away from Quinn. She turns around, getting a blue slushy to the face, making her gasp.