Chapter 14 (S2E16)

Original Song

Quinn watches Anakin from afar as the girl talks to her band members. She smiles when Anakin throws her head back to laugh at something Benson is reenacting, jumping off of the chair he stood on.

'Sometimes, I worry about Reggie. I know she is in a good head space right now, and happy, but I can't help but think back to when I found out she left for New York after I broke her heart. While I'm ready to love her again, I still feel guilty for hurting her in the first place. She was nothing but kind, respectful and honest with me, except about the things she didn't want to relive. I don't feel jealous that Reg and Nova hang out. They were friends before dating, and friends after, so I have nothing to worry about. She would never cheat on me, so I know she will stay faithful to me. And for that, I am grateful for God having dropped her with me.' Quinn's inner monologue makes her smile as she watches the 4 band mates.

Anakin smiles widely when she sees Quinn standing by the door of the classroom they are in. "Lucky, get in here." She says, standing up and walking to the door. She grabs Quinn's hand, dragging her into the room, shutting the door behind her.

"Hey, Quinn." Benson greets, waving at the girl.

"Fabgay." Alexa nods.

"Quinnifer." Nova smirks, getting a playful slap from Quinn.

"Dumbo, Xander, Nowhere." Quinn greets, smiling at her nicknames she gave them.

The 5 students sit and talk for a bit before the two glee clubbers have to go.

"Remember we have that meeting with our dad later." Benson and Nova say in unison as Anakin and Quinn walk to the door.

"I'll be there. But I may need to be reminded." Anakin says, waving at them before allowing Quinn to drag her from the room.

------------------------

In the choir room, Mr Schue stands in front of them, holding a piece of paper.

"Guys, I've got some bad news. You know how we decided on 'Sing' by My Chemical Romance for regionals? Well, I hold in my hand a cease and desist letter from the band. We can't do it." The teacher tells them.

Puck scoffs. "It was the perfect anthem." He says.

"How much do you wanna bet Coach Sylvester has something to do with this?" Mercedes asks, looking at everyone, before her eyes settle on Anakin.

"I don't control the lady." Anakin shrugs.

"One step ahead of you." Mr Schue says, telling them what Sue said, not as detailed though.

"So, what are we gonna do now?" Mercedes asks.

"I think we should write original songs for regionals." Rachel says, making Anakin nod in agreement, not that anyone sees her.

"All those in favour of voting Rachel down a second time?" Santana says, making people raise their hands.

"No, I think Rachel is right." Quinn says. Anakin looks at her girlfriend shocked, then proud. "This team works best when we push ourselves and so something a little different." She looks at Anakin, smiling at the proud smile on the taller girl's face. "I listened to you." She admits, quietly.

"That's true, but if all the other teams are doing amazing songs we're not gonna be so good." Ever the optimist, Mercedes.

"You're right. We're not gonna be as good. We're gonna be better. We won't be using other people's words or music. It'll be our own. Our own heart, soul, not just our voices. We have a really talented songwriter in our midst." Quinn says, motioning to Anakin, who blushes. "And Rachel, of course." She adds, making the said girl look back at her. "Rachel, I was thinking maybe you and I could write a song together, with Reggie's help."