Chapter 24

Funk- Season 1 Episode 21

Anakin is seen walking in the school hallway, her head in a book and Paddington at her side. She is reading The Maze Runner, a book she discovered recently, and she loves it.

As she is turning the page, she bumps into someone.

"Oh, bloody hell." She mutters to herself, seeing that she knocked the person over. "Are you alright?" She asks as she holds her hand out for the person to grab.

The girl on the floor just stares wide eyed at Anakin. "You... You're Griffin."

Anakin's eyebrows furrow, not knowing what the girl means. "Yeah, that's my last name." She wiggles her fingers, bringing the girl's attention to her hand. She grabs it, allowing the taller girl to pull her up.

"I-I've seen you on YouTube. I love Wake Up and Yellow." The girl admits, blushing shyly.

"Thank you. Well, it's nice to meet you..." Anakin trails off, waiting for a name from the girl.

"Estelle Williams." The girl, Estelle says, grimacing at her name.

"You don't like your name, do you?" Anakin wonders, looking down at the girl.

"Not really. It's too girly for me."

"Ok. What's your middle name?" Anakin asks, watching as Paddington sniffs the girl.

"Novalie." Estelle says, stroking Paddy's head.

"How about Nova? It would suit you."

"Nova." Estelle tests the name on her tongue. "I like it. Thank you." She looks up at Anakin with a wide smile.

Most of the glee club members come rushing up to Anakin, with Rachel grabbing her wrist.

"You are needed in the auditorium immediately, Anakin." Rachel demands, not listening to the taller girl's protests.

"I'm really sorry, Nova, my presence is needed. I hope to see you again. Nice meeting you." Anakin calls over her shoulder before her other arm is grabbed by Quinn.

They all rush to the auditorium, entering it to find Vocal Adrenaline standing on the stage. Jesse walks to the front of the group.

"Jesse?" Rachel says in disbelief. Everyone else stands behind her with their arms crossed. "What are you doing up there with them?"

"I've transferred back to Carmel High, Rachel. I'm sorry that it's come to this, but you guys were awful to me. You never accepted me. You never listened to my clearly superior ideas. Anakin is the only one that would talk to me outside of that club." Jesse sends a smirk in Anakin's direction. The girl rolls her eyes.

Finn steps forward. "Why here in our auditorium?"

"The blogs and chat rooms say we're finished and that you guys are ripe to topple us. We just wanted to show you a little something that we came up with a few days ago to see if you agree with that assessment." VA move back to the centre of the stage. and 'Another One Bites The Dust' comes on.

Anakin loves this song, so she secretly nods her head and taps her foot to the beat.

"Thanks for letting us borrow your auditorium, guys. It's quaint." The girl who danced with Jesse says, before looking at Anakin. "Call me sometime, Anakin."

Said girl leans over to Quinn, whispering in her ear, "Who is she?" Making the blonde's jealousy fade.

The group laugh as they walk off stage.

"It was nice getting to know you, Anakin." Jesse says as he walks off after his group.

The New Directions walk back to the choir room after that performance. Anakin swings hers and Quinn's hands between them, not listening to the conversation.