Chapter 12

Mash-Up- Season 1 Episode 8

In a corridor of William McKinley High School, a boy by the name of David Karofsky walks with a slushie in his hand, intending to throw it at someone. And he does, after teasingly pretending to throw it in Mercedes and Rachel's direction, it hits the target. Finn Hudson.

Finn gasps in shock at the cold drink on his face. Quinn and Anakin stand at his side, the latter having stood in front of the blonde so it wouldn't get on her. Finn walks to Karofsky, grabbing his shoulder, pushing him up against the lockers.

"What the hell, Karofsky?" Finn shouts at the slushie thrower.

Karofsky shoves Finn back, "Oh, I've wanted to do that since fifth grade when you made fun of me for getting pubes. Now that you've joined Lullaby Lee's and insperminated the queen of the Chasity Ball and dropped below us hockey dudes on the food chain?" This makes Anakin look on in confusion and aprehension. She swears David was on the football team. "It's open season."

"Screw you, Karofsky! You and your Neanderthal puck-heads are nothing!" Quinn growls angrily.

Finn grabs Karofsky's top. "You're gonna pay pay for this, dude."

"No, I'm not." Karofsky pushes Finn back again. "You two don't have the juice anymore. Welcome to the new world order." He walks off, nudging Anakin's shoulder on the way, she doesn't move a step.

-------------------

In the choir room, Anakin sits by Quinn and Finn as the blonde wipes the slushie off Finn's face roughly.

"This is a disaster. Our reputation as McKinley High's 'it' couple is in serious jeopardy, if we don't find some way to be cool again, Finn." Quinn wipes as much off as she can, as Rachel watches them from across the room.

Anakin leans back in her seat with a pair of sunglasses on her face, hoping to block out as much light as she can. From her lack of sleep the night before, she has a banging headache. Paddington rests on the floor at her side, leaning his head on her shoe.

Mr Schuester walks into the choir room, a stack of papers in his hands. "Okay, guys. We're a little behind for sectionals, thanks to our Sue Sylvester detour. But you guys seem to really enjoy doing mash-ups, right? And I want to keep you guys fired up. Plus, there's an important lesson to be learned with mash-ups. Sometimes things don't feel like they go together, but the big difference between them is what makes them great." He goes on and on, making Anakin bored.

He hands out the sheet music. the song being 'Bust A Move.' Finn can't sing because of the corn syrup from the slushie being in his eye and Puck doesn't want to do it. So the teacher decides to, taking off his shirt, luckily there is a top underneath or Anakin would have been scarred for life.

Anakin does play the drums though, making Finn get out the way so she can. She uses her own drumsticks she has in her bag for moments like this. They are black with gold vines down at the handle. Finn and Quinn go to sit down as Mr Schue begins singing.

The teacher gets the others up and jumping, but Kurt doesn't join in, he stands by Anakin.

-----------------------------

Anakin stands in the hallway outside of Miss Pillsbury's office, where Quinn and Finn are in there talking to her. They want to be popular again, so they wouldn't get slushied.

She sees Miss Pillsbury say something about sunglasses being sexy, looking at Mr Schue passing by. Quinn turns to look at Anakin who is also wearing sunglasses. The tall freshman smiles widely at the blonde before wincing at the pain in her head.