Chapter 7

Furt- Season 2 Episode 8

Anakin was just standing at her locker in the hallways of McKinley when Burt Hummel and Carole Hudson came up to her.

"Hey, Ark." Carole says, getting the girl's attention.

"Miss Carole, Mr Burt, what are you two doing here?" Anakin asks confused.

"We need to tell you, Finn and Kurt something." Burt says, patting her shoulder in greeting.

Anakin looks between them, only having enough time to close her locker before she is dragged away. They collected Kurt on their way to Finn, who was also at his locker.

"Oh." Finn notices them. "What's going on? Is this one of those interventions, 'cause..."

"If it is it's for all three of us. They bombarded me and forced me to bring them to you." Kurt says, making Finn look at Anakin.

"They stole me from my locker." She shrugs.

"Okay, come on. Tell them." Burt encourages Carole.

"No, no." The two go back and forth for a few seconds before Burt gives in.

"All right. So, you know how I drive Carole to work every Tuesday?" Finn and Anakin nod. "Well, today, I drove here, and we snuck into that classroom where Kurt introduced us, very romantic of me, I might add, and I--" Burt is cut off by Carole.

"He proposed! He proposed!" Carole exclaims, making Anakin smile widely.

"You stole the punch line!" Burt laughs.

"Way to go, Mr Burt. Who knew you had it in you?" Anakin teases the man, sending him a smirk. The man just laughs happily.

Kurt and Anakin inspect the ring.

"We wanted the three of you to be the first to know." Carole says, answering whatever Finn said.

"Yeah, after the kids in that homeroom. Come on. Family hug." Burt says.

Carole pulls Anakin in to the hug while Burt pulls a reluctant Finn in. Kurt hugged voluntarily.

"I'm so excited and nervous." Carole says, making Anakin put a hand on the woman's shoulder.

"Oh, don't be, don't be. This is just what I needed. I will take care of it from here, with a little help from Ark. I have a trunk full of wedding magazines, hidden under my bed. I'm thinking of a russet and cognac theme. Those are colours, Finn. Fall wedding colours. Autumnal." Kurt makes Anakin confused sometimes, or a lot when he goes into things like this. So she just nods along.

"Nothing too extravagant, Kurt, okay? We're gonna use whatever savings we have. We are spending it on the honeymoon. That's right. We're going to Waikiki. We're gonna go to the hotel where they put up the guest stars on Lost." Burt explains.

Anakin and Kurt discuss something while Carole and Finn talk.

"Why is Griffin here?" Finn asks, looking at the tall girl.

"She's like my daughter and we wanted to share the news with her." Burt says, Carole nods in agreement.

"Now listen, Kurt, Mr Wedding planner, I want you to take care of one thing. I don't care about the food or the booze at this party, but I want one heck of a band. I've been eating right, I have been exercising and I want to boogie with Carole at this wedding." Burt says, making Carole laugh. "And I will boogie."

"All right. It's already taken care of, dad. I'm gonna hire the New Directions as your band. Right? It won't cost you a cent. They're cheap, they're available. Long story short..." Kurt smiles widely.