Chapter 18 The Price Of Arrogance

Magi Casters are the tools that weak mana users use to cast spells. They are necessary for weak people so they can use magic.

Unlike the woman of STORM who have received Trinity's special training. So that they can instantly cast their magic. Without the need for a catalyst. Raising them to the rank of a Master Mage.

But Trinity had instructed her STORM members not to use their power unless absolutely necessary. As these women are one of Trinity's trump cards.

Seeing these guards pull their magi casters so suddenly. Made a rather amused sneer appear on Trinity's face.

When these guards tried to fire a low-level fire spell at Trinity.

The fire only made a weak sound saying "I'm weak" aloud.

Before making contact with Trinity. Scarlett made the fire spell disappear and instead, it insulted them about how weak they are.

Can you imagine the trauma of being insulted by your magic?

Well, thank Scarlett for that little gift. Trinity at this point lifted her hand. When a rather loud.

"SNAPP!" Was heard coming from Trinity's hands.

Then ice began to form around these two men. Quickly climbing up their body. Only for them both to be encased on two giant man-sized pillars of ice.

The guard's hands holding their magi cater. Quickly froze over and then shattered.

Resulting in a giant gush of blood that spewed out of each of their frozen stump arms.
Only for the blood coming out of their body to freeze like a shredded icicle made of blood.

Now both of these men stood frozen in two pillars of crystal clear ice. Each with their arms hanging out the pillars. With one of them now nothing but a bloody stump-like. Icicle that resembles a giant frozen icicle hanging from a storm gutter.

Their heads were allowed to slightly stick out of the ice pillars. By Scarlett, as she did not have a reason to kill these two yet. But depending on their words that may change.

The somewhat bigger guard seemed to be the leader of the two.

His eyes moved to Scarlett as he said.

"You are an unregistered Master Mage. Assaulting imperial guards is a grave crime. Punishable by death!"

The scared man put on a brave front even as his one remaining arm. Was currently turning blue and purple from severe frostbite.

Trinity looked at the man with an amused smile saying.

"Now! Now! Little piggy no one is coming to your aid. Or for that matter is even paying attention to you three right now? So don't act bravely in front of me. Or you will quickly find out the true meaning of the art of suffering."

After those words, the guard's one remaining good arm began to rapidly freeze over. Then his arm shattered at his elbow.

Again creating a torrent of blood that froze over like his other jigsaw icicle arm.

The man issued an inhuman scream.

"Aaahhhhhh you Bitch! I will kill you!"

This only made Trinity laugh out loud.

"Ha ha! You are a prideful one, aren't you? Are you aware that for men pride is a sin? Especially when you stand before me."

After Trinity's words, she held her hand out then closed it into a fist.

"Crack Bang" The two tragic imperial guards, unfortunately. Talked themselves out of receiving any mercy from Trinity.

As now the ground was littered with the frozen bloody remains of two men.

Then Trinity heard another sound as a loud "Crack" reached the ears of everyone.

Trinity looked to Scarlett seeing her snap the neck of Frank Hamilton.

Looking at Scarlett she simply raised her hands saying.

"What Trinity it's not like we needed this loser for anything. Besides he called you a bitch."

Scarlett's eyes took on a scary color for a moment just then.

But just like always Trinity selectively ignored that sudden emotional change. It must have been a figment of my imagination Trinity convinced herself.

Trinity smiled at Scarlett and then said.

"It's no problem you saved me the trouble. But let's get going shall we."

So Scarlet followed Trinity as they both left the front of Sapphire. They then got into a car waiting out front.

The guards in front of Sapphire are used to this kind of death and destruction. So they quickly deployed a clean-up team to remove the mess.

However, it remains a mystery how none of the customers going into Sapphire. Did not notice any of this happening. The members of STORM seemed unfazed by this as well. Not much surprises them when there boss is around.

In fact, it would be even more weird if things went normally when Trinity is around.

Come join my patreon today to read up to chapter 37 in advance.

www.patreon.com/everstone