Chapter 25- New beginnings

(Lolas character is being played by Lucy Páez)

Jenn's pov

October 1st. 2003

I am so beyond proud of Ben, he's been writing a script for a film for a while now and it finally got picked up. Today, he wanted to celebrate his accomplishment and spend some quality time with Eliana and me. So we decided to take a trip to the mall, just like any other family would. We were having fun riding on the carousel while munching on cotton candy, until we noticed that the paparazzi had followed us into the mall.
My heart started to race as they began snapping pictures of my family without any regard for our privacy and personal space. I felt angry and violated that they were interrupting our family time like this.

Ben instinctively put his arm around me and held Eliana close to him. His protective demeanor filled me with comfort and safety. We quickly made our escape, weaving through the crowds, trying to lose them.

Finally, we found solace in a secluded corner of the mall. I looked up at Ben, admiring his bravery to protect his family, even though it meant putting himself at risk.

"Are you okay?" I asked him with concern, wanting to make sure he wasn't too affected by the paparazzi's invasive behavior.

He nodded, "I'm fine. I just don't want anything to happen to my girls," he said, looking into my eyes with determination.
In that moment, I knew how much Ben cared for us and would do anything to keep us safe. I hugged him tightly, feeling grateful for him.

As we regained our composure in the secluded corner of the mall, Ben suggested we continue the day's celebrations by going out to a nearby restaurant. We all agreed, and he led us towards the exit.

Over lunch, we talked about the paparazzi's behavior and how we could shield ourselves from their invasion. But the topic quickly turned to Ben's script and how it got picked up for production.

"Jennifer, I wanted to talk to you about something," Ben started, looking at me with a gleam in his eyes.

I looked at him curiously, wondering what he was going to say.

"I think you would be perfect for the lead role in my film. You have the talent, and I truly believe that you will get your Oscar," he said, his passion for directing and his faith in me evident in his voice.

My mind raced as I thought about the possibility of playing such an important role in his movie. The idea of sharing this creative space with him excited me, but I was also nervous. I knew it would be a massive challenge, but it was something I deeply wanted.
"Thank you so much for thinking of me," I said, my heart swelling with gratitude, "I would love to be a part of your movie and share this experience with you."

"Jennifer, you are an incredibly talented actress, and I know you will do amazing things with this role. Benny's already contacted some other writers at Universal Studios and they're all interested in having you in their films too. They've heard great things about you and your acting. We'll have to sit down and go through them all soon," Ben said, admiration etched in his voice.

I felt my heart race with excitement at the thought of getting more opportunities to work on the big screen. Ben believed in me, and it filled me with a newfound confidence.
"Thank you, Ben," I said gratefully, trying to convey my appreciation for everything he's done for me.

"It's all about you now," he continued, "and I just want to see you be the best you can be. Together we can create something truly special, and I can't wait to see the final product." "you should've seen the writers. They all want you in their movies babe. It was crazy."

A wave of joy surged through me, and I could feel my cheeks flush with a mix of embarrassment and happiness. It still felt so surreal to think that I might actually be getting these opportunities.
As we talked further about his experiences at Universal Studios and the positive reactions he had encountered, I couldn't help but feel both grateful and proud.