Chapter 32- I knew you were waiting for me

Jenn's point of view

Lunch at a restaurant was exactly what we needed, a getaway from the drama that was unfolding around us. And so, it was just Ben, me, and our beautiful daughters, Eliana and Lola, as we enjoyed a relaxing afternoon together.
"This is nice," Ben commented as he looked around the eatery. "I haven't had a chance to spend time like this with you in quite a while."
A smile crept across my face as I thought of how far we had come since the day we first met.

Despite the lingering tension between us, there was still a spark of warmth and understanding that filled every moment we shared together.
But the pleasant atmosphere was soon interrupted by the echo of a cell phone ringing. The noise seemed out of place in our quiet corner and caused all eyes to fall on me instinctively.
"Sorry, it's just my pager," I apologized quickly, retrieving the device from my purse.

As I silenced the pager, throwing it back into my bag, Ben's expression turned serious.
"There's actually something I need to tell you," he began hesitantly. I could see a look of distress in his eyes that immediately filled me with dread.

"What is it?" I asked, bracing myself for whatever revelation was to come.

Ben took a deep breath. "The other day, when I was at the store...I saw Marc. With another woman," he explained gently. "They were...kissing in his car."

I let out a long sigh, not feeling shocked at Ben's confession but still saddened to hear it confirmed. "I know," I told him quietly. "I saw his texts with someone else. And she keeps paging him."

His eyes widened in surprise. "I'm so sorry, Jenn. I had no idea." He reached across the table to give my hand a comforting squeeze.

As our daughters played nearby, oblivious to the adult drama, I felt a twinge of pain in my heart at the betrayal.

"Are you going to break up with him?" Ben asked.
His question hung in the air like a weight, and for a moment, I was lost in thought. The revelation of Marc's infidelity had been a blow, but it had also raised a host of complicated emotions that I wasn't quite sure how to navigate.

"I don't know," I replied slowly, still not quite ready to commit to any one path. "It's...complicated."

"Why?" Ben asked, his voice wrought with concern. "After all that he's done, how can you even consider staying with him?"

The words sent a jolt of frustration through me, but before I could respond, something inside me cracked, and the truth came spilling out.

"Because I'm pregnant with his baby," I blurted out, the words escaping before I could even process what I was saying.

At first, there was silence between us, the implications of my confession echoing loudly in the restaurant. But then, as the words began to sink in, a look of understanding washed over Ben's face.

"Oh, Jenn. I had no idea," he murmured softly, reaching across the table to take my hand. "We'll figure this out together." He paused and sighed then looked at me again. "Baby..." he began gently, his eyes filled with a mixture of concern and affection. "I want you to know that no matter what happens, I'm going to be here for you."
His words felt like a balm to my soul, soothing the pain and uncertainty that had been gnawing at me ever since I learned of Marc's infidelity. And as I finally slid the sunglasses over my eyes, I knew that I could lean on Ben in this difficult time.

"Thank you papi." I whispered, my voice barely audible above the din of the restaurant. "You don't know how much that means to me."

Ben offered me a warm smile, his hand still gently resting on mine. "I love you always..." he said softly.