Chapter 27- someone like you

Jenn's pov

As I walked onto the bustling movie set, I couldn't help but be drawn to the lively energy that filled the air. Ben, as always, was in his element, directing the scene with passion and precision.
But what surprised me the most was seeing Jennifer there. She was chatting animatedly with Ben, her laughter echoing through the space. They seemed so comfortable and close, flirting openly in front of me. A pang of jealousy shot through me, but I tried my best to hide it. It had been a couple of months since our divorce, and seeing them together like this was painful. But as I watched Jennifer and Ben interacting, I couldn't deny the chemistry between them. They were so obviously attracted to each other, and it was clear that their friendship had blossomed into something more. It hurt to see them so happy together, but I also couldn't begrudge them their connection. I pushed down my feelings of sadness and forced a smile. If Ben had found someone who made him happy, then I was genuinely glad for him. Despite the pain of seeing them together, I knew that I couldn't let my emotions get in the way. I was there to see my daughters, and I wasn't going to let anything ruin this important moment.

As I walked up to Ben, he grinned at me and hugged me tightly, introducing me to Jennifer Garner with a warm greeting. She seemed genuinely kind and sweet, her smile lighting up the area as she shook my hand.

But as we chatted, I noticed that Ben was becoming increasingly nervous. His words jumbled up and his body tense, it made me wonder what was going on with him.
It was then that Jennifer mentioned, in a casual tone, that she was pregnant with Ben's child. Instantly the energy in the air shifted, and Ben's face seemed to morph into a mixture of anxiety and fear.

For a moment, I remained silent, feeling stunned by the news. But after the initial shock wore off, I realized that this was Ben's life and future, not mine.

Despite my internal struggles, I decided to put on a brave face. "Wow. Congratulations, Ben. That's great news," I said, doing my best to mask any hint of discomfort or bitterness.

As I watched Jennifer and Ben interact, a sense of sadness tugged at me. It was clear that their relationship was moving in a different direction, and that the past would no longer be the same.
But deep down, I realized that sometimes

things don't work out as planned, and that life moves on in unpredictable ways. As Ben nervously looked at me for my reaction, I gave him a reassuring smile, letting him know that I had come to terms with our new reality.
"Thanks," Ben said, his voice soft and grateful. "It's been a lot to take in, but I'm excited about the future."

Jennifer beamed at him, her eyes betraying a sense of fondness and admiration. "We're both thrilled," she said, placing a hand on her belly with a gentle smile.

I hugged my daughters tight as they ran up to me, my heart filled with love and pride, and I realized that the most important thing was their happiness.

Eliana the showed Jennifer a drawing she called out "Jen! wook at this!", she said in her cute baby voice.

Jennifer's eyes sparkled with delight as she bent down to look at Eliana's drawing. She exclaimed, "Wow! Look at that, little one! What a beautiful picture!"

Eliana beamed with pride, her cheeks flushed with excitement. It was endearing to see her trying to pronounce new words, saying "wook" instead of "look." It reminded me that watching our children grow and learn is one of life's greatest joys.

Jennifer gently took the drawing from Eliana's tiny hand, examining it with a mixture of curiosity and admiration. "You really worked hard on this, didn't you?" she said, her tone warm and kind.

Then, suddenly, Jennifer turned to me with a warm smile. "Hey, would you be up for grabbing coffee sometime? I'd love to get to know you better," she said, her tone friendly and open.
I felt a mixture of surprise and pleasure at her invitation. After all, it was still relatively early in our friendship, and I wasn't sure if she was ready or interested in getting closer.