Chapter 86- Shattered Delusions

Jennifer's point of view

The next morning, I woke up to the soft glow of sunlight streaming through the curtains, casting a warm and comforting light over our bedroom. I felt a deep sense of contentment as I reflected on the lovely dinner Ben and I had shared the previous night. Today promised to be a bit more relaxed, and I was grateful for that.

I turned to see Ben still asleep beside me, his face peaceful and relaxed. Gently, I leaned over and kissed his cheek. "Good morning, papi," I whispered softly.

He stirred slightly, a smile forming on his lips as he began to wake up. "Good morning, baby," he replied groggily, his voice still heavy with sleep.

I smiled at him, feeling the warmth of the moment fill my heart. "Let's get up and have some breakfast. We have a lot to talk about today."

As we got out of bed, we heard Benji's soft cooing from the nursery. My heart swelled with love as I walked over to his crib. His big hazel eyes looked up at me, and he gave me a wide, toothless smile that melted my heart.

"Good morning, my sweet boy," I cooed, lifting him into my arms and kissing his forehead. "Are you ready for breakfast?"

Ben joined us in the nursery, wrapping his arms around me from behind and peeking over my shoulder at Benji. "Good morning, little man," he said, his voice filled with affection. "Let's all go downstairs and get something to eat."

We made our way to the kitchen, where the aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the air. I put Benji in his high chair, handing him a teething toy to keep him occupied while I prepared breakfast. My hubby started brewing a fresh pot of coffee and set the table.

As we sat down to eat, the morning light spilling into the room created a serene and cozy atmosphere. I served scrambled eggs, toast, and fresh fruit, while the hubby poured us both a cup of coffee.

"This looks delicious, babe," he said, taking a bite of his toast. "Thank you."

I smiled, enjoying the simplicity of the moment. "You're welcome. It's nice to have a quiet morning together."

He nodded, sipping his coffee. "I agree. I've been meaning to talk to you about something important, though."

I looked up, my curiosity piqued. "What is it?"

He took a deep breath, his expression serious yet loving. "Remember when we talked about the possibility of me doing that movie? I know we haven't decided anything yet, but I wanted to hear your thoughts on it again."

I set my fork down, my eyes meeting his. I had been thinking about it a lot lately. The movie would mean my husband would be away for a few months again.... and with Benji being only four months old, I had my reasons.

"I've been thinking about it too," I began slowly. "It's a great opportunity for you, and I want to support you in your career. But, honestly, the thought of you being away for that long is a bit overwhelming. Benji is still so young, and I know we would miss you terribly."

He reached across the table, taking my hand in his. "I understand, Jenn. I don't want to leave you and the kids for that long either. But this role could really boost my career. It's a tough decision."

I nodded, my heart torn between supporting his career and wanting him to stay close to our family. "I know it is, and I want you to pursue your dreams. I just worry about how we'll manage without you here."

He squeezed my hand gently. "We'll figure it out together, like we always do. I promise to stay in touch as much as possible, and I'll come home whenever I can. Your support means everything to me."