Epilogue

Jaxon, Gabriel and I are walking down a long and curved path lined with hundreds of cherry blossoms on each side. It's an endless sea of deep brown and light pink that goes on for miles and miles. The trees bend over the path as if to welcome us and perfectly frame us as we stroll. We're in Jinhae-gu, South Korea. Eunhye June's childhood home.

We happily trek through the amazing spectacle, taking in every inch of magnificent beauty with grateful eyes. Jaxon and Gabriel are holding hands and I fall back a little to watch them. Gabriel points to something in the distance and Jaxon follows his finger with his gaze. "Wow!" Jaxon exclaims. "That's amazing!" Gabriel and Jaxon grin at each other and time stands still as they bask in each other's warmth.

I follow them close behind and marvel as they feed off of each other's energy and laughter, completing the other's missing pieces like a finished puzzle.

That broken 10-year-old boy from years ago is finally whole.

A slight wind picks up, bringing 3 cherry blossoms into its current. They twirl in front of me, dancing around each other before they kiss the ground at my feet. My eyes are fixed on them as I wonder what our lives would be like if I didn't fall in love with Jaxon June...

16 hours away, at Woodlawn Cemetery in The Bronx, a hand-drawn picture of the June family in all crayon ripples on its stake in the ground due to an unknown gust of wind. It's placed between 2 gravestones, Eunhye June and Leila Eunhye June. As the unknown gust of wind picks up again, it brings 2 cherry blossoms into its current. They twirl and dance around each other before kissing the ground between the 2 gravestones.