Chapter 22: First Impressions

Jaxon kills the engine of his red Ducati in front of Thai Heaven in Manhattan. Kyler loves Thai food and it's only a fifteen minute drive from his place. We swing off the motorcycle and stroll inside, hand in hand.

Kyler's inside waiting at a square table. He's wearing a black button up shirt with at least three buttons undone to showcase his suntanned and waxed chest, a silver chain around his neck, white skinny jeans and black converse. His black gages are a little bigger than the last time I saw him, his black hair is now highlighted with a deep purple color and a black, unfilled star is inked behind his left ear.

It must be the break up.

The last time he broke up with his boyfriend was a few weeks after we met, working at Glenda's Diner together. That time, he bleached his hair blonde and pierced his tongue.

Kyler jumps to his feet and runs to me, enveloping me in his arms. "Charlotte, honey, how are you??" He kisses my cheek before pulling away.

"Kyler! Your new look is hot!"

"Oh thanks, babe. You always know how to make a poor boy feel better." He stands back and gawks at Jaxon with his wide, bluish-grey eyes.

"This is my boyfriend, Jaxon."

Jaxon holds out his hand politely and Kyler takes it graciously. "So good to finally meet you! I'm Kyler Jacobs. Might I say, you are quite the Mr. Dreamy!" he winks at Jaxon.  

Jaxon laughs. "Thank you, Kyler. So good to meet you."

Kyler turns to me. "You didn't tell me how gorgeous he is, Charlotte! You are one lucky babe." He winks at me and Jaxon shifts uncomfortably.

Kyler then stops to examine me from head to toe. I'm wearing a floor length, fitted, red dress from Prada made of lightweight cotton and spandex that has a square neckline with tapered shoulders, long fitted sleeves and a flared skirt from the knees down.

I had to make sure I covered my cuts from the shattered windshield, so I opted for a long dress with long sleeves.

A pair of black pumps accentuate my legs and a black choker with a diamond stud in the front highlights my neck. It's all finished off with matching diamond studs in my ears and loose, chocolate curls that are brushed to the right side of my head and twirl underneath my chest.

"Mmm," Kyler hums with approval. "You are looking fine as always girl! Mm."

He then turns to examine Jaxon from head to toe and Jaxon shifts anxiously under his gaze. Jaxon's wearing a black button up, long sleeve shirt that's open at the top, dark wash, fitted jeans and black loafers. His hair is perfectly combed back and he's wearing his small silver hoop earrings as usual.

"Mm. Don't even get me started on you, mister! You both look flawless! Shall we take a seat?"

I nod and Kyler turns to strut toward the table. Jaxon shoots me a nervous look. I weave my fingers between his and lean in to kiss his cheek. "Don't worry, baby. He's like that with everyone."

Jaxon nods.

We follow Kyler to the table and sit down across from him.

"I love this place because they serve curry and alcohol," Kyler hums with approval. "Would you like some wine, Jaxon?"

"No, thanks. I don't drink."

Kyler's excited eyes jump back and forth between Jaxon and I. "OMG! Charlotte doesn't drink either! You two are totally meant for each other."