Chapter 19: Scars

Around 5:00 PM, Jaxon and I finally emerge from his bathroom. It's still Monday, June 18, 2018. I'm sporting a towel on my head and another around my body and Jaxon's in nothing but a towel around his hips.

     I scour my eyes over his bedroom for my frilly, black skirt. "Where did you throw my skirt, Jaxon?"

     "Hmm... Over there by the night stand."

     Hustling over to the nightstand, I snatch my skirt off the floor, then embark on a crawling journey around the black marble to gather my other articles of clothing. I manage to recover all but one...

     Now, where could it be...

     "Looking for this?"

     I spin around and Jaxon's holding up my light pink panties on his index and middle finger with a wicked smirk on his face. My cheeks become a raging inferno. I scurry over to him and pluck them out of his hand. He chuckles with amusement.

     I scuttle to the bathroom in a fluster, shut the door and lock it.

     "What're you doing...?" he asks through the slab of marble.

     "Getting dressed."

     "Why are you hiding from me? We just had sex, multiple times. I've done a lot more than see you naked..." he teases.

     "Because."

     Why am I hiding from him?

     Because his gaze is sweltering and I can't even think coherently around him... We'll just end up doing it again if I dress out there...

     "Charlotte, you're being -"

     I swing the door open, fully clothed and march toward the hallway with purpose.

     Don't look at him.

     Don't let him phase you.

     "What're you doing now?" his voice is laced with mirth.

     "I'm going to change into some clothes that aren't torn in my room."

     "Why don't you just wear some of my clothes?"

     "No."

     "Why not?"

     "Because everyone will know that we..." I trail off.

     "Charlotte, I'm sure they already know."

     "How would they know?"

     "They probably heard us."

     The thought makes me cringe with embarrassment. "Oh no... I hope not..."

     "We weren't exactly quiet, so..."

     "But your room is so far away from everything else, they couldn't have heard..." I brush it off. "I'm going to change in my room."

     He shrugs. "Okay, but if you go out there, you're bound to run into my gang."

     "I'll take my chances."

     "Fine. Suit yourself..."

     I stealthily slip through Jaxon's massively powerful door and slink down the twisting maze of hallways toward my room.

     I won't run into anyone...

     When I've finally emerged from the labyrinth that leads to Jaxon's bedroom, Ian comes out of the marble like he's been awaiting my passing.