Chapter 18: Unadulterated Want

As we enter the mansion, 6 curious pairs of eyes greet us on the threshold.

     "What happened to you guys? Where were you?" Khleo asks, scanning over our tussled states.

     Both of us have bloody cuts on our visible skin and rips in our clothing from the shattered windshield, but other than that, we remain unscathed. I'm still trembling in my shoes from the previous events.

     "A speed chase and shoot out. With Los Alacránes," Jaxon's voice is laced with contempt.

     "Are you guys okay?" Fernando asks, looking at Jaxon and me with genuine concern.

     Wow. He actually cares about my well being? I thought they all hated me...

     "Yeah, we managed to dodge their bullets. The idiots were using fully automatic rifles, so their aim was ****. And Charlotte's one hell of a driver. I shot their back tire with a revolver and they flipped."

     Jaxon's compliment makes me blush.

     "Their crash is all over the news," Kade informs us. "Oscar, Max and Harley were all killed. Marcus, Wyatt and Malcom were injured and are under hospital arrest. Their drugs were all over the road."

     Holy crap.

     "Hm. I didn't know they were all in that truck. What were they thinking? Their gang is as good as pot now..." Jaxon shakes his head in bewilderment. "At least we finally caught them. That traitor got what he asked for," he scoffs. He turns to Fernando. "Fernando, I want you to take the Elantra to a junkyard and have it destroyed. Trey, you go with him in my 300C. Follow close behind him and take the back roads. The rest of you lie low for now. I'll be in my room with Charlotte. Call me if you need anything."

     Jaxon bends slightly, wraps one arm under my knees and the other across my back, then sweeps me up into his embrace.

    Holy crap.

     "Come on, baby. Let's get you cleaned up." He carries me toward the stairs while 6 pairs of curious eyes follow our forms up each step until we're completely out of sight.

     Oh to be in his arms feels amazing.

     Jaxon's body is warm and his touch is so soothing. He smells divine as usual. Sandalwood, rosemary and mint. That gravitational pull between us draws me closer to him and I bury my face in his chiseled chest, basking in his warmth and scent. Any tremors that still racked my body have been completely eradicated.

     While balancing me in his arms, Jaxon opens his bedroom door and carries me into his bathroom.

     Woah. I've never been in here before...

     It's magnificent. There's a colossal, white marble bathtub that's more like a hot tub, a lengthy white marble vanity with two sinks, a pristine toilet on top of a black marble floor, cream colored marble walls and an expansive walk-in shower with a single shower head on each side.

     2 shower heads? Does he usually shower with girls...?

     My skin suddenly feels scorching hot.

     Jaxon sits me on top of the white marble counter and rummages through the shelves on the vanity.

     "Why do you have 2 shower heads? I thought boyfriends/girlfriends aren't allowed in the mansion...? Well, weren't allowed..." I can't hide the jealousy in my voice and Jaxon chuckles.

     "They weren't."

     And yet, he allows me to stay here...

     Jaxon fishes a first aid kit out of the cupboard and positions himself in front of me. A wicked smirk is pasted to his face and I know he's gonna tease me now. "There's no need to worry, baby. I haven't showered with any girls in here. However..." the delicate tips of his tattooed fingers flit down my arm. "If you want, we can change that..."