Chapter 26: Tattoos

When we've finally stopped kissing and come back to the reality of the theme park around us, I notice lots of people staring at us, Cameron included. I ignore them all.

"Why don't we buy you some dry clothes to wear?" Jaxon asks.

Yes, please. I want to give Jaxon his shirt back so people stop ogling him.

"Okay. I think I saw a souvenir shop by the Turbulence roller coaster. Let's go look there."

Jaxon and I link hands and walk to the Turbulence roller coaster and sure enough, the souvenir shop is right next to it. We stroll inside and look around. I pick out a dark green Adventureland T-shirt and a pair of navy blue jogger pants.

It's not the most fashionable outfit, but it'll do.

Jaxon buys the clothes and I go to a bathroom to change while he waits outside. When I'm finished changing, I come out in my new outfit. I hang onto my wet sundress and hand Jaxon his shirt. "You can have your shirt back. You're too distracting without it. For everyone."

     He laughs and hands me his plushie. "Okay." He slides his red T-shirt over his head and finally covers his body. I hand his plushie back to him and smile.

    I feel better already knowing people won't be staring at him shirtless.

     "How about we call it a day and get some Korean BBQ?" Jaxon asks.

     "Yes, please!"

     He grins. "My thoughts exactly."

     We leave the theme park and walk out to the 300c. I hop into the passenger seat and Jaxon gets behind the wheel. He places his new plushie on the backseat, then starts the ignition and we're off.

After a minute of driving, Jaxon clears his throat. "Thank you... for winning me that plushie..."

I turn to smile at him. "Of course, baby. Anything for you."

He smiles as he looks toward the road in front of him.

     I connect my phone to the Bluetooth. "Let's listen to some music." Britney Spears' Criminal bumps, strums and whistles through the speakers before she goes on to serenade us with a timeless ballad about the struggles of falling in love with a criminal. I can't help but steal a glance at Jaxon.

     "What are you trying to say?" Jaxon eyes me back.

     "I'm not trying to say anything. The song is very fitting though. You can't deny that."

    "Yeah, it is." Jaxon chuckles. "Does that mean I need to get your name tattooed on my 'lucky charm'?" He wiggles his eyebrows at me and winks.

     "Jaxon! That's not what she means! Britney says her name is tattooed 'on his arm, his lucky charm.' Not that 'lucky charm.' Do people even get tattoos there?"

     "Yes, in fact. They do. Leo has an elephant face on his."

     Leo? What the?