Chapter 4

Today is the day Kat goes on a day with Damon, the hot guy at the club. She gets dressed in a black mini dress that shows her back, gold heels, and grey clutch. She puts her hair in a ponytail, making her look like Angelina Jolie. Elegant and modern. She tops it all off with golden apple earrings her mother gave to her for her 6th birthday. She didn't even shed a tear like she does every time she sees them.

   Some ring the doorbell.

   "Kitty, come on," yells Courtney.

   "I am coming," Kat yells back. She walks downstairs, slowly, wondering how she'll open the door. Finally, she gets to the door, draws in a breath and opens it.

   "Hey," she says, getting it all knocked out of her at the sight of Damon, "you look ...handsome."

   "As do you," he makes a confused look, " I mean beautiful. You look beautiful."    

    Kat laughs. Hopefully he's not a serial killer. Kat thinks.

    They both walk all the way to his... black sleek limo.

    "umm, limo," Kat asks pointing to the expensive vehicle.

    He breathes in, "yeah, sorry, I ride in a limo all the time," he says looking embarrassed. Which looks really cute on him.

   "No it's fine," which suddenly reminds her of her ex-boyfriend. Charles Bass, or Chuck Bass if you will. He was a big player Kat knew that, but she couldn't stay away. She caught him kissing Blair Waldorf. Queen bitch of Constance High School. Kat loved him, but she didn't cry for him. I mean why would you cry over a human being.

   Damon opens the door for her as she begins to get inside.

   Damon gets in, "Paul, take us to River Café, please."

   "Yes sir, Mr. Salvatore."

    "River Café, are you serious, that place is amazing," Kat says, appalled.

    "Yeah, I know. You deserve the best, 'cause, you know, it's a date," he smiles down at her.

    Kat blushes, "yeah it is a date."

    Damon chuckles.

    When they get to the restaurant, Kat soaks in the beautiful white décor, fireplace or grill, she has no ide what anything is, but Damon seems to know everything and everyone. When they get seated Kat orders the sparkling water and Damon orders the bourbon. Which is a very strong drink for a peaceful dinner. When the waiter comes over with their drinks, Kat orders the Green apple, basil and lime sorbet, wild strawberries. Damon orders the Livarot wrapped in crispy potato with smoked duck, endvine and caper salad, truffle sauce. Kat is surprised at how expensive the food is, but Damon doesn't seem to mind.

   When they get their food, Damon starts to ask questions, "So, what does Kat stand for. Katherine, Kate, Kaitlin?"

   "Umm, Katerina actually, my parents were sort of Russian, Ukrainian, Bulgarian, and Greek. It's actually a Greek variant for Aikaterini," Kat blushes at the ground, "sorry, I'm being a freak.."

   "No, you shouldn't apologize for how smart you are. It's actually quite arousing," he reassures her.

   "Thanks. So tell me about yourself," she smiles at him.

    "Well, I'm from Louisiana, even though you hear my british accent. I speak French  and German. And, my brother's name is Stefan. Do you have any siblings?

    "Uhh, I'm actually an only child," she takes a bite of her food."

   When they finish eating, Damon pays for the food and he took her back to her apartment at Kensington Court. Damon is quite a gentleman the whole time. Kat actually loves to talk to him.

    He drops her off at the doorstep to say goodbye.

   "I had a lovely time Damon," she say s first, even though she had the best time of her life she didn't want to hyperventilate in front of him.

   "I had a great time too," he flashes his perfect smile at him. Kat wants to kiss him but she's afraid of being too forward.

   "Hopefully we can do this again sometime," she smiles back at him and kisses him on the jaw. She walks up the stairs and goes inside.

   She thinks about the night she just had and how amazing Damon is. Hopefully he's nothing like Chuck.