Chapter 5

Kat goes up to her room to change, then falls on the bed. She didn't really notice how tired she was until now. So, all she does is lie there on the bed, sleeping.

   The next  morning, Kat wakes from her deep slumber with someone jumping on her bed.

   "Ugh, what are you doing," she moans loudly to Courtney, who is still jumping on the bed, clearly no taking the hint.

    "How was your date with Mr. Hot Guy," she screams,  not paying any mind to the neighbors.

     Kat quickly sits up quickly, suddenly so excited to tell someone. "He was the perfect gentleman. We took a limo to the Riverside Cafe. I think I actually like this guy Courtney. He is so gorgeous."

    "Oh my god Kat, you like him," Courtney sits down in front of Kat, "are you gonna see him again?"

    "Yeah, of course I am. I mean if he wants to see me. I don't know," Kat starts to feel stress.

     "Okay, we have to tell Meg," Courtney heads for the door, "hurry up and get dressed for work."

      When Courtney leaves she jumps out of bed and heads to the bathroom. She notices he frizzy hair. "Jesus." she takes a 2 minute shower, hoping she's not late for work. When Kat gets out of the shower, she dries her hair and gets dressed in plain bold red underwear, black high-waisted shorts, white long-sleeved lace top, and knee-high converse. She puts her hair up in an elegant ponytail. Her curly dark brown hair with ancient gold highlights really compliments her outfit. Kat quickly grabs her red and white Dulce and gabana purse, that she got from Czech Republic last summer, and runs downstairs to meet Courtney. They hop into her grey Subaru that is parked in front of their building and take off.

      "Hey girls," Meg exclaims,checking her watch, "how's your morning still going?"

       "Great," Courtney pushes Kat in front of her, "guess who had a date last night," she points to Kat, making it obvious.

       "OMG, is he cute? Will you see him again? Did he kiss you? How did you guys meet? Tell me everything," Meg squeals, sitting Kat down, ready for a long story.

         Kat tell her the story of how they met at the club, and how he took her to Riverside Cafe, and how she gave him a small kiss at her doorstep when he dropped her off, "I actually like him, but it's no big deal."

        "Are you kidding, since Chuck broke up with you, you have avoided guys forever. He never should have done that to you. I was about to kick his ass," Meg says.

           A customer walks in, he has on a black trench coat, which actually looks well on him. By the looks of his wet hair, It's obviously raining outside. He pushes his hair back, revealing his face. It's Damon, typical.

           Kat swears under her breath.

           "What," Meg tries to look in the same direction as Kat, " is that him, god, he's hot."

         "I know right," Courtney agrees.

         Kat tries to sneak away to the register. But, that doesn't work, 'cause Damon spots her anyway.

        "Hey Kat. What are you doing here," he asks.

        "Oh, I work here," Kat says, cheeks flushed, "what are you doing here, if you don't mind me asking."

       "I was actually coming here to find a surprise for you," he looks around, "but now I see this isn't a jewelry store."

       "Right," she giggles nervously, "we sell clothing."