Chapter 23

"Maybe I should take you home," Damon whispers in her ear.

"Yeah," she nods, starring intently at the others who are focused in their conversation.

"Don't make any sudden movements," he says before putting one hand under her legs and another around her waist. She feels him lift her up a little, the ithers don't notice. She closes her eyes then feels a breeze go through her hair. When she opens them, they're on her couch.

She looks at him, who is checking for anything that may be wrong with her. "You are a magician," she smiles.

He chuckles. "Well, this magician has to go," he stands up and heads for the door.

"Hey, I though you were going to stay," sh gets off the couch and stands between him and the door.

"I'm sorry, I can't, Stefan needs my help."

"Fine. Make up excuses to get away from me," she walks toward the stairs, but he stops her.

"Kat, don't be like that, you wouldn't understand," he sighs.

She purses her lips together, then speaks, "I wish you'd have faith in how much of your secrets I can take," she say

"I'm sure you wouldn't want to know this one," he clears his theoat, as if trying to restrain himself.

She frowns, "okay, go. It must be pretty important."

He kisses her on the cheek, "thank you," he whispers in her ear. She can't help but blush. He walks out the door.

She sits on the couch Nd turns rhe T.V on, anything to keep her from thinking about the recent problems. Her phone rings, the caller I.D says unknown.

She answers it hesitantly, "hello?"

"Is this Katerina Petrova," the person asks. His voice is sort of foreign. 

"Yes, thisis Katerina. May I ask who's calling," she asks, trying to seem strong.

"This is the man who will get you your freedom. I can tell you don't want two species fighting to claim you, so I have a solution. Meet me at the Grill tomorrow int the evening, preferably 7."

"Okay," she says, but before she can say anything else he hangs up.

She puts her phone down for a minute. Then starts to process what just happened. A strange man just called her on her phone asking her to mee him. Itsounds a little like catfish. Should she tell Damon and the others about it? How will he react when she tells him some man just called her again? How will the man react when he finds a bunch of vampires bodygaurding her? Everything is so hard, why ise erything so hard? A relationship shouldn't be this hard, maybe this guy can help her. But, she dosn't want to give Damon up, she loves him more than anything, how could she even consider giving Damon up for a boring normal life? But, if she had a normal life, no one would want to turn her into some vampire or werewolf. Well, that's the million dollar question, normal life or hectic life. She lays down, her head starting to hurt in frustration. Life is hard, but this is something else. She falls asleep.

When she wakes up, she's in her bed. She sits up and rubs the sleep out of her eyes. Suddenly, there's a loud crash downstairs. She hops out of bed and runs down the hall, stairs and through the living room into the kitchen.

Her table is broken in half and yhere are broken dishes on the ground. Damon is throwing punches in Her father's face. Damon speeds over to a huge knife and is about to stab her father in the heart when she yells out, "hey!"

They both turn to look at her. Blood is stained on their shirt, stab wounds and bites marks on Damon leg and arms. Her father has cuts on his face, purple bruises on his wrists and arms, and he always has a black eye. She walks over to her broken table then looks over at them.