Chapter 16

Kat can feel the sun's rays on her face. She tries to sit up, but Damon is holding onto her too tight. So she just lays there, closing her eyes. His grip loosens as he wakes up. She opens her eyes.

"You okay," ha asks.

"Yeah," she sees all the blood on her clothes, "oh god."

"We should get you cleaned up," he says, watching her horror filled face.

"Yeah, I've just... never seen this much blood in my life," she looks up at him with sadness in her eyes.

"I am so sorry this happened to you. I said I would protect you, and I did the opposite," he hugs her tightly.

"Damon, I'm fine now," she pauses, he let go of her, "even though I don't know how," she says quietly.

"I don't think you wanna know."

"Okay then, what am I gonna wear when I get out of the shower?"

"How about nothing," he raises his eyebrows.

She playfully punches him in the arm, "stop it."

He laughs and helps her into the bathroom, even though she is perfectly capable of walking on her own. He turns on the shower for her, hot, just the way she likes it. He asks to help her undress, but she just pushes him out the door without another word.

She takes off her ripped bloody clothes and gets into the shower. All the blood rushes down the drain until there is no more red, just clear clean hot water the huge cut was, nothing. Just skin. She touches her cheek, where the was a cut and a purple bruise, nothing. She wonders what Damon did to make all of that go away. She still feels a little sore, but it's bearable. When she gets out of the shower and examines her body in the mirror. She looks fine, more than fine actually. Kat is very confident about her body. Everyone else seems to notice her great body, so, why wouldn't she. She wraps the towel around her body and goes back into the bedroom. Damon has clothing already set out for her, a faded blue Henley and dark blue skinny jeans.

"Where did you get these," she holds up the shirt.

"From the other room," he puts the jeans on the bed, "what, you don't like them. My previous offer still stands," he smirks.

"No, I'll wear these," she pushes him out of his own room so she can get dressed.

She puts on the pants, then the shirt. She goes barefoot, not knowing what happened to her shoes. Maybe Tyler and his dead minions took them off her last night. When she's done getting dressed, she dries her hair, which really straight. She just parts her hair from the left and pushes it to the right. She looks amazing.

Damon walks into the bathroom. "You okay, I was starting to get worried."

"Yeah," she smiles reassuringly up at , "I'm fine."

"Well, you should come downstairs. Stefan made breakfast," he wraps his arms around her waist from behind.

"I thought vampires didn't eat food," she touches her hair.

"We can, just rarely," he kisses her cheek. Kat smiles, "oh, and I told your boss you were sick with a fever, she said you shoudn't come in today," he kisses her neck.

Kat laughs. Then turns around. Damon puts his hands on her hips. She kisses him on the lips, when he pulls away, she just wants more.

"Come on," he takes her hand to guide her to the kitchen downstairs.

Stefan is putting two sunny side up eggs, two pieces of bacon, and toast. There is hot chocolate on the side with extra milk. Kat sits down at the table. Stefan places the food in front of her.