Chapter 15

Damon goes over to Kat's house like he said he would. But, this time he knocks on the door, like a normal person would. But, he's actually stalling to tell her something really bad.

Instead of Kat, Courtney opens the door.

"Oh, hey, where's Kat," she asks, anger on her face.

"I don't know, I thought she was here."

"Well, if she wasn't with you and she never came home, then she must still be at work," she slams the door in his face.

He gets the feeling that they're really going to hate each other.

He suddenly knows what happened to her. Tyler works with her. He doesn't need a job, he was just trying to get under his skin and let him know he could get as close to Kat as he wanted. He has her right now. Damon knows exactly where too. Werewolves aren't really that smart.

He vampire speeds over to the Lockwood estate. Where the ruins of the church are. When he gets  there, he already hears screaming. Kat's screaming.

He rushes down the stairs, killing everyone in his way. He reaches the cell in which Kat is being held. The screaming stops, so he bursts through the door, afraid that someone has hurt her even more.

He sees the blood all over her, and garden shears planted firmly next to her head. Her head is down, she's passed out from the pain. He runs over to her and pulls off the chains like it's nothing. He picks her up bridal style, but gently, careful not to inhale too much of her blood. He slowly walks off of the estate, everyone too dead to notice. Tyler is probably hiding somewhere under a table, realizing he has no more minions.

When he makes it off the estate, he vampire speeds to his house. He kicks down the front off of its hinges. He walks upstairs to his room and places Kat on his bed. Stefan walks in.

"Is this Kat," he points toward her, "what happened?"

Kat moans in pain, she still feels like she's burning alive.

"Tyler happened," Damon bites into his wrist and drops blood into her blood. she starts to heal instantly, but not as fast as him, which he doesn't expect.

"We have to kill him, first get rid of his minions," Stefan says, frowning at the site of Kat covered in blood.

"I already killed them, I didn't see Tyler though, he must have been hiding," Damon sits next to Kat, relieved that he saved her in time before those mutts did anything else to her.

"Well, it's only a matter of time before he gets some more, we have to kill him soon."

"Alright Stefan, I get it. Kill Tyler later," he shoos him out.

When he leaves, Kat's expression of pain relaxes into relaxation and relief. She snuggles up next to him. Instead of pulling away, he wraps his arms around her, not even caring that her blood got on him. He just wants to hold her, feel her touch and know she's alive. 

He loves her.