Chapter 13

"What," Damon whirls around, aggravated.

"You know I'll help you protect Katerina, right," he touches his shoulder, being friendly.

"No offence Klaus," he shrugs his hand off his shoulder, "I'm pretty sure Caroline is officially done with Tyler. You can stop being stuck up and nice."

" Trust me, I know. I'm being genuine about this, I will help you protect her. She obviously means a lot to you," he walks back into Caroline's house.

Damon huffs out. Something he learned in anger management classes he took 9 years ago. He really did not want anything to get in the way of him spending time with Kat, unless it were really important.

____________________________________________________________________________

                                               At Kat's job, while Damon is at his house getting dressed.

Meg is trying to get Kat's help on which person to pick. Jenna, the blond. She has a very chipper and bright personality. Kat really didn't like her. And there was Tyler Lockwood, a brown haired hottie. His biceps are amazing, not better than Damon's though. He's very athletic and snobbish, Kat liked him but didn't like him. He's really cool, but he's better than her. Very intimidating.

She whirls around to face Meg, full on annoyance, "pick the one of you think is right for the job."

"Jenna, she'll bring in the customers, make them feel welcome," she nods her head.

"Umm, no. She'll freak them out and turn this place into creeper ville. If you want more customers, Tyler is the way to go. He'll bring in the women and I can bring in the guys," Kat lefts her shoulder seductively, playing around.

"You know what," she points the pen at her, "you're right," she walks away into her office.

About thirty minutes later Tyler shows up with a smile on his face. Happy that he got the job.

Kat walks up to congratulate him. "Nice, you got the job, you must be happy," she smiles reluctantly.

"Yes, I am happy."

"You're happy to work at a women's clothing store," Kat looks at him weirdly.

"Uhh, no. You wouldn't understand," he walks over to greet Meg.

Kat is about to boil over with anger. He did no just say I wouldn't understand?! She thinks.

Lunch hits, but Kat doesn't see Damon anywhere.

"Aren't you gonna go to lunch," Tyler asks, smirking.

"Yeah, my boyfriend is taking me to lunch," she looks out the store diplay window, "he's just a little late is all."

"Yeah, sure, late," he starts for the door. But, Damon vampire speeds in.

"Hey, babe. Sorry I'm late," he goes over to put his arm around Kat, but he catches sight of Tyler and frowns.

"Damon Salvatore, nice seeing you here," he gestures to Damon and Kat, "you two a thing now?"

"Yeah," his hold tightens, "now back off Lockwood."

With that being said, they leave out of the building, Damon still holding Kat tight. Like Tyler was about to take her away. Then Kat realized ...

"Tyler's a wolf, isn't he," she asks quietly, already knowing the answer.

"Yes," he answers, not looking at her.

"What does he want," she looks up at him, a frown on her face.