Chapter 9

"I know, " Kat stuffs her phone back in her pocket, "I'ts probably just a joke that some sick people think is funny."

"By the way you were reacting to it, it didn't sound like a joke."

"It's all just a huge joke," she reassures herself.

Kat goes to her room to lay down on her bed.

"What am I going to do," she says to her.

"Maybe I could help," a voice says.

Kat turns around, looking to see who it is.

Damon.

"How did you get in," she asks with curiosity.

"Your door was open," he lays next to her. "What's up with you?"

She sighs, "how did you know to come to my rescue?"

He laughs, "Lets just say a little bird called me."

"Did that little bird happen to be called the Resistance," she asks laying on her stomach.

He looks confused for a moment, then serious, "what did the person sound like, did he have an accent?"

"Yeah, he.. he sounded German. Why is that so important?"

"It's not, just wanted to know," he smiles down at her.

Kat rolls onto her back, turning away from him. She knows he's lying, but, why is he lying. She wants to ask so many questions.

"What is this resistance," she asks.

"Ummm, it's nothing you need to worry about," he smiles reassuringly.

"Damon, this person said I will be damned eternally in April, on the third, of this year, my birthday. I think this is something I should worry about."

"I didn't know your birthday was on April 3rd," he messes through her hair.

"Don't change the subject, this is serious."

"Okay okay," he laughs, "it's not that serious, you'll like it actually."

"What is going on, Damon," she asks, scared.

"It's okay. I'll protect you from whatever danger there may be," he holds her hand, rubbing his thumb against her knuckles.

She puts her head on his chest, feeling his chest go up and down. He wraps his arms around her, surprised because he's never been this close to a human before. Unless he was having breakfast, lunch, dinner, really angry, or bored. But, he also feels a tingly sensation in his stomach. He's feeling butterflies. With Kat he can be himself, the real Damon. He has never felt this way towards anyone before. He meant it when he said he would protect her. He would do anything for her.

She falls asleep in his arms. Her hand on his chest as he holds onto her for dear life. He knows all about the resistance. They think Damon is going to turn her and she would join the vampire coven. They want to turn her into a wolf before he can turn her into a vampire. But, Damon would never do such a thing.

He may love her. Or Maybe it's just too soon to tell.

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I guess this is a short chapter. I didn't want to spend too much time on it. But I didn't spend too much time on it, so I'll just start a new chapter, 'cause it seemed like the right time to start a new chapter

Please!!! Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts and what you think should happen next. I'm stuck. I just make all of this up as I go, if you haven't noticed. So comment and vote and follow!!