Chapter 10

Kat wakes up and finds her face in Damon's chest, his arms wrapped aroud her, his chin resting on her head, and her right hand on his chest. He's fast asleep. She decides to enjoy the moment and lays there.

After a few minutes, Damon wakes ups.

"Hey beautiful," he kisses her head.

"Hey," she closes his eyes, absorbing his warmth.

"You do realize what time it is, right?"

"No," he lets go of her and she turns to the clock. 1:29. She turns back around to lay back on his chest. He wraps his arms back around her.

"How long have we been asleep," she asks.

"Uhhh, 10 hours. We fell asleep at, like, 3 something."

"I didn't realize how tired I was," Kat says.

"I know," he looks at his phone. He has 10 missed messages from Klaus. He throws his phone on the empty side of the bed, since they're taking up the left side.

She puts her face in his neck. "What was that all about?"

"Just Klaus wanting to know where I am, in his very creepy way," he chuckles.

"I'm sure he's just worrying about his friend," she giggles. But stops immediately, "what did he want?"

"He heard about your situation."

She sits back up looking down at him, "what is my situation," she asks.

"Are you sure you wanna know," he looks at her with worrying eyes, afraid that she might not be able to take it well, that she might become scared for her life.

"Yes, I wanna know. I don't want any secrets between us," she holds his hand and squeezes it.

He  closes his eyes, bracing himself for disaster. "I am a vampire. The resistance is a gang of werewolves who are against my clan;  vampires. The werewolves want to make you one of them before we make you one of us. They said you would be eternally damned because you have been introduced to one of the head vampires and in a relationship with one. And, April third is the day you are supposed to make the change," he says really fast. 

He opens his eyes to see the expression on her face. Shocked, understanding, terror, sadness, and amazement.

After two minutes of silence, Damon speaks, "how are you feeling right now?"

"I feel... I don't know, so many thoughts are going through my head right now," she smiles wearily.

"It helps if you share your thoughts with others," he holds her wrists in his hand gently, looking for any sign of fear on her face.

"When I was at the jail place to visit Matt, he told me you were involved in something, that had something to do with a surprise for me. I didn't know what he was talking about at first, but now I see. I was determined to figure things out on my own , but you just explained everything to me," she breaths in, "I never thought you could be something so supernatural, like a vampire. I just thought it was just in books and movies. I just thought you were different, but not this different."

He looks down at the grey ruffled blankets they were cuddling on minutes ago, "I know, I've never been able to tell anyone before."

"I must be special then," she smiles. After what he just told her, she smiles at him like nothing has changed.

"Yes, you are special," he smiles back.

"I have a question," she looks at his hands around her wrists, "when you kiss me, is it hard to keep yourself from drinking my blood, you know, like Edward?"