Chapter 22

Damon wakes up to the morning sun in his eyes. He blinks away the sleep and looks over to the beautiful girl laying on his chest. He smiles at her peaceful face. She truly is gorgeous. He kisses the top of her forehead. She opens her eyes and smiles up at him.

"Hey," she says in a sweet voice.

"Hey," he says back, moving the hair out of her face.

She tries to get up, but he holds onto her tight.

"Do you mind letting me go," she says.

"Yes," he starts kissing her on the neck.

"I'm serious," she laughs.

He lets her go, "okay."

She walks into the bathroom to look in the mirror. Her bra strap is broken, her hair is a mess, and she has small blue marks on her waist, shoulder, and leg. She doesn't care. She just had the best night of her life. She just woke up next to the one she loves.

She quickly brushes her hair and puts on her favorite white robe and walks back into the bedroom. Damon is still laying in bed with his hands over his face. She jumps on the bed, sitting next to him.

"What's up," she asks.

"Nothing, just got a call from Ric, he says you can start training today."

"Well, isn't that a good thing," weariness crosses her face.

"No. I don't like thinking about you having to fight someone," he removes his hands from his face.

"It'll be fine," she holds his hand.

"I know," he sits up. "We have to leave in a couple of minutes."

"Okay, I'll get dressed," she turns toward her closet, "but," she turns back around, but he's not there. His clothes are gone too. "Fine," she mumbles under her breath.

She quickly takes a shower. When she gets out she puts on Black heathered skinny workout pants, black heathered sport bra, white perforated pullover, and black converse. She checks herself out in the mirror, seeing if any of her scars show. They don't, so she puts her hair in a messy side fishtail braid and walks downstairs.

Damon is sitting on the couch.

"I thought you left," she says surprised.

"I did," he stands up, "I had to change."

"Oh, right," she face palms.

"Lets go," he puts his arm around her waist and pulls her toward the door. When they get outside, he throws her over his shoulder so fast she almost gets the breath knocked out of her.

"You okay," he asks. she can't see his face, but she senses a smile in his voice.

She hits him on the back, "warn me next time."

Disobeying her, he speeds off without warning. When he stops, he puts her down slowly. Her head is still spinning.

"Ugh, I hate you," she says, trying to catch her breath.

"I love you too babe," he says, smirking.

When she's done recovering, they go to the backyard of the Salvatore house.To her surprise,the place is technically an outdoor gym. There are two punching bags, four wooden sticks, and about four tables of guns, knives, and grenade looking things.

"Am I gonna be an assassin," she asks sarcastically.

"Ric just goes a little overboard sometimes. He's a vampire hunter, so,this stuff kind of runs through his veins," Damon says.