Chapter 41 : I'll see you again

I shall see my love once more again, my heart will be whole again.

Devon

As we flew, I set in the passenger seat. Darria was perfectly navigating the jet so well. I put my headsets and spoke to her.

"You're doing an amazing work, you know."

"Thank you brother. I'm glad to see you holding up so well and all that working out and going to gym must have helped you. You look better.", she smiled.

"Thank you, Darria. You helped me get through those tough times, I don't know what I would have done without you.", I turned to look at her.

"You would have done great, you're a tough cookie, I know you can get through this. I believe in you.", she chuckled.

___

After a while of flying, we arrived in Los Angeles. Before hand, Darria and I opted to land at my mansion since I had a place designated for a jet. I was planning on purchasing one but eventually I got too busy and forgot. We landed there, my mansion was lit up, the housekeeper must have come by.

As soon as we landed, Darria and I quickly got out with our luggage and went into the mansion using my built in elevator. Darria went into one of the rooms upstairs to freshen up. I went to my room. The room was pitch black, as soon as I turned the lights on, I was hit with the smell of alcohol, whisky to be exact.

I forgot that I became an alcohol for some time the previous year. I was missing Evanly so much that drinking was the only thing keeping me sain. I really let myself go. If it hadn't been for Danzel, I don't know where I would be right now.

I should clean.

I quickly began cleaning, throwing trash, disinfecting and tidying up my room. There were quit a handful of bottles beneath my bed and around my room. I imagined what Evanly would say if she saw the state of my room.

Maybe it would go along the lines of :

"Devon, please don't ever do this! It's not good for you. Promise me you'll take good care of yourself, for me. Okay?"

Fuck I miss her so much...

After some time, I finished cleaning up and threw myself onto my bed. I was exhausted. Who knew cleaning a room would be this tiring. I let out a deep sigh. I should go to the hospital now. I need to see her. I sprung up from my bed, took off my shirt, I turned to look at the door and saw Darria standing there, leaning on it.

"You're tattoo is cool. Has she seen it?", she eyed me.

"Yes."

"How did she see it? What exactly happened between you two? If she was married how did you win her heart?", she walked into the room and set down on my bed. I set down beside her and sighed.

"Well, at first we were friends, then she became my caretaker when I got into an accident-"

"Wait! You got into an accident? When? And how? Why didn't you tell me.", she shouted at me.

"Let me explain this then I'll explain that later."

"As I was saying. She became my caretaker then things between us got heated up, we became closer to the point where she would sleep on my bed almost every night just to keep me company. Of course her ex-husband didn't care because he was busy fucking her sister. She found out.", I layed back into my bed. "I comforted her for a while then finally one night, we kissed and that must have sealed the deal that we both had feelings for each other. Things were but we eventually made it official, I think."

"You were lucky, huh?", she chuckled.

"Yeah but I fucked up. I lied to her and she found out It was a bet then she broke up with me. For months we did not talk, then she disappeared. Her ex- husband had kidnapped her. I couldn't get there in time to save her and she ended up in a coma", I got up and covered my face with my hands. "This is all my fault!"

Darria hugged me. "It was never your fault, no. Things just did not turn out the way you wanted, it's okay.", she rubbed my back. I felt a lump form in my throat, this was making me emotional.

"Come on, let's go to the hospital to see her. Come on.", Darria helped me get up, she wiped the tears from my eyes and began playfully pushing me to my bathroom.

After some time, we got on the road and rushed to the hospital. While on the way, I thought what Evanly would say when she saw me. I had changed a bit. I gained a bit of muscles from working out and I cut my hair. I shaved my face and tried to look my best. I wore a simple black t-shirt and black sweat pants with white air-forces.

We arrived at the hospital and quickly rushed inside. I couldn't contain my excitement. I couldn't wait to see her.

The receptionist allowed us into the hospital and headed to her room. When we got there we found Danzel and Conillious sitting on the bench talking, as soon as they saw us they got up to greet us. Conillious looked beautiful and so did her baby bump. Danzel hadn't changed a bit.

"I bet you missed me, huh?", Darria smiled at Danzel. He looked shocked to see.

"Darria! My little daisy, I missed you!", Danzel hugged her and lifted her up.

"Gosh, how long has it been? I missed you so much. Look how grown you are!"

Darria turned to look at Conillious." And who might this gorgeous goddes be?"

"That is my fiance and love of my life, Conillious.", Danzel introduced her.

"Nice to meet you my sister-in-law.", she hugged her gently.

"I'll just go in.", I excused myself. I walked over to the door and braced myself before gently opening the door. As soon as I saw her, everything went silent.

Everything around us seemed none existent. I felt my whole body tense up, my heart began racing, I felt warm tears fill my eyes. She was sitting up straight in her bed, looking at the tv. She looked magnificent, she looked as beautiful as the day I lost her. Her hair was curly and long now, her brown skin shined bright and gradient. As I slowly walked up to her, my steps felt heavy, I could feel the tears rolling down my cheeks. My hands began shaking.

She turned to look at me and I was hit with a wave of electric shocks through my body. Her emerald green eyes, shined like stars in the night, they looked so warm and welcoming. Beckoning me to her. She looked majestic, like a goddess.

"Hey, you...", she smiled at me.

~To be continued...~