Chapter 16.

Lucas, Rain, and I stood outside watching them assholes getting arrested and put in police cars.

My eyes caught with Marcus. He was here arguing with a police officer about his brother. I walked over. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"This fucking asshole is trying to lock my brother up. He wasn't even here!" Marcus shouted.

I looked at the kid, and he had tears in his eyes. He was the same kid who was hurting Rex in the first place.

"This is all your fucking fault." Marcus snapped at me as he barged past me.

I started talking to the police officer and practically begging for him to let the boy go. He finally took the hand cuffs off the boy, and he ran to Marcus.

Lucas hugged me tightly from behind. "You didn't have to do that." He said softly.

I was about to say something but a police man came up to us. Rain came up next to me. He was really nervous around police.

"How is it Mattheo came into this? You got a restraining order against him a couple of years back." The police officer asked.

"He's my ex. He said he wanted to kill my dog, but then he turned it onto me, and Lucas saved me." I explained.

"And you are in relation to her how?" The police man asked. Lucas and Rain both looked at me.

I rolled my eyes. "He's my boyfriend." A big smile appeared on Lucas's face when I said that.

"Already well, we know everything we can, and -" The officer was cut off by another officer.

He came over and whispered something in the man's ear. The two of them both looked at me. "You own this beach and the house behind it?" They asked.

"Yes?" I replied with a sceptical tone.

"Well, let's put this easy. There's 104 dogs, including yours and the puppies you saved. There isn't enough adoption place in the areas, and people would describe them as vicious, so they'd all get put down. Or you can take the dogs in." He explained.

"But that would mean you taking responsibility if they hurt someone else, and the vet bill would be outrageous." The other officer added.

"I'll take the dogs. All of them."

The police officers all smiled and left to take some of the leftover dogs to my house. I turned to Lucas and Rain.

"I'll put an extension in the back garden for them?" I said with a hoping smile.

The two of them laughed. "It's your house. Let's just make sure they all live first."

We went back to my house with all the dogs. It was so packed. I called a few vets, and they all came in and started checking out the dogs. Bullet was rushed to the actual vets. He needed an operation.

It was so cute. Jessica and I stood at the living room door and watched as the boys were playing with the puppies. They were so gentle with them.

Blake came up behind me and hugged me. "I love getting in shit because of you." He chuckled.

"I'm glad we stalked you. I have reasons to kill people without getting arrested." Rain added.

"Awh, I'll take that as you all love me." I teased. Rain rolled his eyes and continued playing with a puppy.

The vets all finished, and one of them stepped out to make a call. She came back in looking a little sad towards me.

"I think this is amazing what you have done, but your other dog has had a bad turn. He might not make the night, but if he does, you're more than welcome to see him whenever." She explained.

Everyone looked at me, and Blake squeezed me tighter. I nodded and sent her a smile. "Thank you."

She nodded, and the other vets walked out. "Also, I hate to tell you this, but you have three pregnant dogs." She chuckled.

Everyone's jaws dropped. "A German shepered, spaniel, and a Tamaskan, which is a wolf dog." She added.

I hesitantly nodded, and she walked out. I slapped my hands over my face. "We have fucking wolves." I muttered.

They all laughed. "Well, at least these dogs are friendly." Lucas stated.

"About that. Rain, point a gun at Elena." Jessica said. We all looked at her confused, but Rain did it.

All the dogs started barking and growing at him. Rain quickly lowered the gun. "At least we can have a boys' night, and she has these protecting her." Rain chuckled.

That night, we all went to bed. Lucas and I had the wolf dogs and Rex in our room with the dog who's just gave birth with the puppies I saved sleeping all over the room.

Lucas and I started kissing, and I felt him losing his self-control. It gave me butterflies. Rex started growling at him.

"Your 104 dogs need to get used to me touching you." Lucas chuckled. I rolled my eyes, and we caught each other smiling.

"Thank you for today, and I guess every time we've been together ever since we met." I said with a small smile.

Our eyes were so deeply into each other. His gorgeous Hazel eyes. "Don't thank me. You called me your boyfriend. That's all I've ever needed." He said softly.

I gave him one last kiss before we both started cuddling while drifting asleep. I started playing with his ring on his finger out of boredom.

I took his ring off and put it on my finger. My fingers were too small, which made the ring look massive. We both laughed a little at that.

"You need sleep, darling." He said softly.

I tried sleeping but I couldn't. I just wanted to go see Bullet. He was worrying me so much. Marcus messaged me that night.

M- "Thank you, but I'm sorry."

Me - "Sorry for that?"

M- "Mike had some friends. They know what vets Bullet is at. They are going there now."

My heart was beating out of my chest as panic struck my veins. I climbed out of Lucas's arms. Thank god he was asleep.

I got Rex, and the two of us went to Rains' room. Rex jumped on Rain to wake him up.

"Whata wrong doll?" Rain asked as soon as he saw me. He got up and hugged me.

"Do you fancy killing a few more people?" I asked. He pulled away and smiled at me.

Rain gave me a gun, and we got in my car with Rex. Hopefully it wasn't too late.