Chapter 34.

Lucas called my dad, and the two of them let all the dogs inside while they locked the house, put the alarm system on, and closed the gates.

Rain, Jay, Blake, and I went in a small black car and started driving to the abandoned house.

We all reloaded the guns and made sure there were knives in the pockets. I called Lucas's dad and told him everything. He had men on the way, including him, to come and help us.

I noticed Rain shaking, I put my hand over his. "Hey, we will find her. She will be fine." I reassured.

"No. Part of me was hoping she was out cheating on me so I didn't have to form these fucking attachments. Now I'm scared to lose her. I've never been scared other than for you, but you don't count." He snapped.

"Hey, why doesn't she count." Blake chuckled.

"Because she's ours. I know she's protected by all of you. If Jess and Elena were in danger, who would you save?" Rain asked.

"We would do our best to save them both, but if it came down to it." Jay paused. "We would save Elena, but she wouldn't let us, and we would end up saving Jessica."

"That doesn't matter. Jess is just as important as I am. We will get her back." I said firmly.

Rain nodded, and I drove faster. We finally got their and realised it was surrounded by men. Rain just walked in the middle of them and started shooting them. The fucking idiot.

Jay, Blake, and I had to cover him because if not, he would have gotten shot. Rains gun ran out of bullets, but the asshole still kept walking.

I ran over to him and started covering him. A bullet scraped past my cheek, making it bleed. Fuck. I could have died.

Jay and Blake ran to me, and the three of us started shooting again. "You okay?" Jay asked over the noises.

I nodded.

The men ended up dead outside, but we lost sight of Rain. Darens men got here and ran inside with us. We found Rain physically fighting a man with a gun.

He really did care about Jessica. More than anything.

The house was clear, but we couldn't see them anywhere. They weren't here. Rain and I didn't give up looking.

Jay was about to stop me, but he stepped on an odd floorboard. I made him step back, and we all started taking apart the floor.

It led to stairs underground. We let Darens men go first so they would be the guinea pigs.

We followed them down. Rain immediately ran to Jessica, and I ran to Lily. She hugged me tightly but then whimpered at something.

I pulled back. Jay, Blake, and I saw a bullet wound on her ankle. One of Darens men tried dragging her up, but Jay pushed him back.

It didn't even take a second for all the men to point the guns at him. "Don't be dicks." I kneeled down. "You can come back to our house. I can help you." I offered.

She nodded and smiled at me. All the men left. Jay and Blake carried Lily to the car. Jessica and I both hugged. "Are you okay?" I asked, pulling away and looking her up and down.

"I'm fine." She chuckled.

"You know, Rain actually cares about you. It's disgustingly adorable." I laughed. She smiled at me, and we all got in the car.

I dropped Rain and Jessica off home. Jay got in the front and called Lucas on the way back. Lucas answered, and he put it on speaker.

"Is everything okay?!" Lucas quickly asked.

"Everything is fine. Jess and Rain are home. Your mum is coming back with us. Is everything okay there?" Jay asked.

"Yeah. Elenas dad killed a man. He was trying to get in the gates. We've checked, and there's no one else around. He even got Jayden to check the area." Lucas explained.

I took a big breath of relief. "All the kids are still sleeping?" I asked.

"Yes, darling." Thank god.

We got back, and I started stitching up Lily's ankle. My dad looked at her in a werid way, like they knew each other. "Your husbands a dick." He blurted out.

"Well, I know that. Is you the Daren he always wishes to kill from high school?" Lily asked him.

"Yeah." My dad laughed.

"You two went to high school together?" Lucas asked.

"Yeah. Your dad and i started dating, but he was always jealous because he thought I liked Daren, but we were just friends." Lily explained.

"Small world." I muttered as I finished stitching up her ankle. I was surprised she didn't flinch at any of them. I'm guessing she was used to this. "You can stay in the guess bedroom." I said.

"Thank you, dear. You wouldn't mind if I met the kids in the morning, would you?" Lily asked. We all looked at Lucas.

"Fine, but you won't meet Cole and Iris. They are on bed rest." Lucas said firmly.

Lily looked concerned. "Are they okay?" She asked.

"Iris has epilepsy, and Cole is recovering from a leg surgery, but they'll be perfect fine soon." I replied. She nodded.

We all went to bed that night, Lucas started kissing me as soon as we got in bed. "Lucas. Your mum is in the room below." I chuckled as i pushed him away.

"So what? You're my soon to be wife." He said with a compelling smile.

"Mhm, husband." I tried seeing if the name would suit him. He grabbed my face, and our lips were bursting against each other.

"Call me that again." He dared.

"Husband." I said again with an innocent smile. I continued repeating it each time i kissed him, but then I stopped after a while.

"No." He groaned. "Do it again?" He asked like a little kid wanting things.

"Lucas. We need sleep." I rolled my eyes.

"No, we don't. Call me it again and I'll stop." He pleaded.

I rested my head on his chest as I snuggled up to him. "Husband." I whispered. His hands ran up and down my body fi ding a comfortable place to hug me.

"Mhm, I love it. I love you." He gently kissed my head, and we both fell asleep in each others arms. The best way to fall asleep. Ever.