•ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ•

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ | 21

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ | 21

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ

ᴍɪʀᴀ

Leaning on the black big leather chair of my husband's office, i roamed my eyes on the interior of his cabin, taking every bit of the interior of his office.

White walls with black double ceilings, lights were embedded in the ceiling while a small chandelier hung effortlessly in the middle of the ceiling.

A big black wooden table in front of me with some files and a black statue of Liberty standing in the corner of the table, the golden pen stand and a white thin and long vase stood on the centre of the table with a single red rose inside it.

Placing my right leg on my left leg thighs, I pushed myself closer to the black wooden table and the moment my chair came closer, i grabbed the red rose from the vase and pushed myself back such that the chair danced a little before touching the large glass behind me.

I inhaled the scent of the fresh rose and smiled softly at it, taking my index finger i touched it's petal and the softness hit me, soft like a silk, the dark red blood colour, the dark green sepals and a tint of maroon shade in its centre. It's beautiful.

"You sure my husband won't come here?", Pulling my eyes away from the rose I asked Carel who was leaning on the wall with his eyes fixed on me, he shrugged his shoulders on my question and then taking a quick glance of the black wooden door Whispered.

"He is in meeting hall so he won't enter here until then we can complete our work.", A smirk appeared on my lips hearing him and I leaned on the back rest of the chair, my eyes focused on him and then I saw him taking his silver lighter out of his pocket, it was a clyndrical shape lighter with a small lion embedded in the centre of the lighter.

He was playing with the lighter by opening and closing the cap, his eyes fixed on the door while the 'tick-tock' sound of the lighter echoed in the room.

While he was playing with his lighter, i engrossed myself in the red rose and it's Beauty.

A knock on the door was heard after five minutes and then a girl of twenty five or six years entered inside, her eyes scanned the whole cabin before they stopped on Carel, He was not looking at her instead he kept playing his game.